[Web App] WaniKani History + Timemachine

You didn’t use the css variables for Breeze Dark. People who customize their colors using stylus won’t have their customization taken care by your script.

You can learn about css variables here.

I might be misunderstanding something, but this is a separate website where the Breeze Dark userstyle is not applied, so there is no way they could access the CSS variables?

4 Likes

Oh! I think you are right. I missed that. My apologies.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s a separate website! I just called the color scheme Breeze Dark because they’re the same colors the WaniKani Breeze Dark Stylus theme uses and wanted to make that clear for any people like me who would like the consistency :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On the upper dashboard, it would be cool to include the streak of days with at least 1 review. (This can also be found on the Heatmap script, but the point of the site was stats without needing scripts, right?)

1 Like

Good idea! Actually, I’ll do it right away. :smile:

Yeah, you could say that’s the case.

1 Like

In the top right:

I fixed that also while I was at it!

1 Like

Great, works perfectly!

However, I noticed in the last commit, you weirdly added a mainWkof.js to the main directory of your project, but I presume you intended to modify the one in the js directory…

1 Like

Oh yeah, thanks! I asked myself why the changes weren’t showing… oops

1 Like

Hey. Without fail, every time I load this site after some time it gets stuck on loading reviews. I get the following errors in my console after a minute or two:

The only way to get the page to load is by clearing cookies and resubmitting my key.

1 Like

Oh no… yeah, so that CORS policy error is pretty elusive. Sometimes I’ve had it too but it just vanished.

Anyway, I uploaded a temporary fix to the website which might allow you to get through. But because I can’t reproduce the error I can’t be sure that I fixed it… sorry! (If there are other errors please tell me.)

Another way would be to install this CORS changer chrome add-on (if you use chrome) and activate it on WK History.

I hope that helps and sorry for the inconvenience :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cool idea!
I just logged in but no button seems to work (even the logout) I am trapped at the about page.
Already cleared cookies =/

1 Like

I’m sorry, could you try again now. There was a fix being uploaded which could have temporarily interfered with the log-in process! :sweat_smile: And thank you for trying out the website!

1 Like

Thanks, worked!

1 Like

Nice! Hope you like the website :smile:

1 Like

Just to add to this - if you could also add maybe something like a “General Manga” option to that section, made up of however many manga you can easily get a database for would also be quite useful, as manga are often a much better (although obviously far from perfect) approximation to kanji which will be used in actual speech.

That’s definitely not as important as what I said about having a chart adjust for actual kanji frequency though (now that I think about it you could probably just add that as a setting for the current chart to avoid needing a whole extra chart right?) - I just thought I’d mention it in case you get a chance!

1 Like

I’m currently implementing that. Which do you prefer?

Seeing the actual number of characters you can read (which takes quite a lot of space and is kind of unreadable for bigger datasets)

Or just having the percentages (where some data is lost because it’s not shown to the user)

Also, I have found this subtitle kanji frequency list which uses data from many japanese shows, such as drama, anime, and films. Thus it should have quite a lot of natural speech in it, right? (except maybe from the anime, but from what I have seen the majority are dramas)

Edit: I uploaded Version 3.10.0. It has the “General Shows” data point as I mentioned and the total amount of readable Kanji chart added.

1 Like

I would agree that the true fraction is quite unreadable and unhelpful. Normally, I would advocate for showing the information, but I think this case justifies hiding it…

2 Likes

That’s great, thank you! The subtitle database looks great, definitely better for speech than manga!

2 Likes

Made a pull request to add card reordering to coverage page (all working in my testing, you might want to have a quick look just to check all looks good though, I tried to keep the same system you were already using).

And, a request when you get a chance: might you be able to add the faint background colour to show the totals like this:
to the literature graphs? Right now it’s hard to tell what the 100% level is as it’s below the top of the graph!

1 Like