decontenxtualize…
decontenxtualize.

they’re the same word lol :blush:

5 Likes
  1. Anki doesn’t have the wonderful Crabigator :crabigator:
7 Likes

Thank you edited and fixed :kissing:.

1 Like

Well yes and no…just because you can make mobile accessories in country X for pennies and sell it online in a more lawless country, that itself is not a valid business that can or will last unless they change. Illegal is still Illegal. Those mobile accessories could be impounded very easily either at the border or in retail stores if/when they are tried to be passed off as legit…

I agree 50% with your #2 and 100% with #3

The phrase may be everywhere but it is so meaningless. A phrase that can apply to everything doesn’t add much value for its lack of specificity. It is not evolutionary biology that tells business to adapt or die, it is common sense that does that. There is literally no good reason to be appropriating terms that have meaning in a context just to represent common sense.

Environment pressures determine the genes that lead to individuals capable of surviving in the environment. The individuals themselves just blindly reproduce and the environment selects which ones will make it in the long run because of its specificities. Species exist and attempt to perpetuate. The environment controls and selects them in what we might consider a ruthless manner. But once again, I digress.

2 Likes

Very black and white way of seeing business. While I don’t approve of the method, saying that it cannot last because it is illegal is not very realistic. The drug business thrives despite and likely even because of its illegality. As long as there is a market, a product will likely survive.

1 Like

so much spare time wasted to write crap on the forum instead of learning japanese ( grammar , vocabulary … )

6 Likes

4 Likes

…write crap on the forum, …

3 Likes

[repeats, louder]

5 Likes

“he environment selects which ones will make it in the long run because of its specificities”

Isn’t that exactly what I said originally but from the reverse angle?
“…it simply means that if you don’t evolve to your environment, you will go extinct”

Customers (the environment) demands on a company will change over the long run and if that company doesn’t adapt, it will go extinct. A near perfect parallel to evolution…

I think we are going in circles now, no?

But we’re talking about legitimate companies, not products. Huge difference. A product could last decades yet who is the dominate seller could change a few times.

Why does this bother you so much?

Why did all this have to happen on a weekend when the mods are on break :sob:

5 Likes

Rule #1 is to make a profit. See if your opinion changes in a few levels when the effects of Kanji recognition are more apparent. Besides, the alternatives seem to be Anki and RTK but that’s more of a tool\book. This is a service.

They have userscript support, can’t get much more customizable than that.

2 Likes

Already stated my future plans here…

…and no, user scripts don’t cover what some are asking for. So yes, you can get “more customizable than that”.

Other than being way OT, this is going pretty well really.

I said MUCH more. Also I read your responses. See if https://www.japan-activator.com/ is more of what you want.

Rule #1 is to make a profit

Ok you got me there…adapt or die is maybe a notch or two more down the list…

See if your opinion changes in a few levels…

WK is 90% of what I want…and will be subbing shortly so…not sure where you are going here with this…

ps. thanks for the link though…looking into it…