Watercolor by Shibasaki

Recently discovered this guy. He talks kind of slowly, so it’s pretty ok to follow, and the watercolor is pretty fun and peaceful to watch. He’s basically a Japanese Bob Ross.

Have a look!

Also he has a link to instructions as to how to turn on subtitles in YouTube. Such a helpful gentle man :blush:

Here is his instagram as well! His paintings are gorgeous:

16 Likes

There is a big topic about him somewhere already!! I can’t link to it quickly now though haha

His latest video is about him quitting, so sad

2 Likes

Seems like it, woops!

https://community.wanikani.com/t/learn-japanese-and-art-with-the-japanese-bob-ross/37768

I saw that video, he talks about his health, but I didn’t think he talked about quiting specifically, mostly about wanting to know what people really wanted from him and changing content accordingly if his condition was getting better.

EDIT: Looking through the thread, there were no videos posted, so I never really made the connection :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I didn’t watch it yet, but I hope he will get better soon. He’s so positive and encouraging, it’s sad to see him sad.

And yes that’s the topic!!

While his Japanese is relatively easy to understand, I can’t really create a painting that beautifully with just his instructions lol

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

He posted again!

In the description

Hello everyone, I'm Shibasaki, watercolor artist. Thank you so many messages. I am glad that if you feel the healing and the relief in this. I drew a Pumpkin still life. Please relax and watch the video.
2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this video on a random Tuesday morning. Totally calmed my spirit. I was also struck by how much we think kids (and when we were kids as well) are just making a mess with watercolor, but with some technique, all of those drips and splotches can be transformed into beauty.

I think I have to start watching his channel when I need a pick me up!!:v:

2 Likes

かぼちゃ is delicious, I look forward to it every year. He had another video a few days ago too, again a silent film but a nice autumn scene. I was expecting a huge canvas but the title picture fooled me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.