Want to write Kanji?

Though I am considering having the option to have batch downloads…

I get why you wouldn’t and why it isn’t needed. I’m just one of those people that has to finish a collection. It’s a character trait. And annoying.

Was easy enough to download them all at once of course, so until the JLPT N1 set goes up, my brain is satisfied. :laughing:

Thanks again for this.

Do you know any source for JLPT N1 kanji? I just need the list of kanji, but from a authenticated source…

I don’t know why https://www.jlpt.jp/ doesn’t give us a list of Kanji for each levels…

1 Like

The one I have seen is linked below.
Not sure if it is the full list or not but is based on the Pre 2010 listing.
I don’t think it is authenticated either.
And not sure it is in a format you can use.

This is really awesome, and will definitely help me with some of those tricky kanji that do not seem to stick in my little noggin’.

It’s unfortunate timing considering I can only really print at my office which is closed at the moment. When it does open, I will surely download and buy you a sushi :+1:

3 Likes

You can find remaining N1 on https://www.wkstats.com/charts/jlpt (though not sure the source of the list exactly).

It would interesting if this could be organized much like how the Keisei Semantic-Phonetic Composition script presents which would highlight the problem areas of writing very similar looking kanji. Just a thought, thank you for all the work you present here.

2 Likes

Thanks for building this.
It would be really nice if you could download all Wanikani PDFs at once.

1 Like

Here you go!

JLPT N1 Kanji Added!

5 Likes

Thank you for this!
My brain and it’s need to complete collections thanks you deeply! :smiley:

They stopped doing that when they started the new style jlpt in 2011 or so, I think? I think it makes sense from a testing perspective. If you want to be able to give an accurate overview of someone’s (passive) abilities in the language. If you do haveva list then on the one hand people can study specifically for the test, thus narrowing their knowledge in a way that will not be reflected correctly in the test. On the other hand, you are restricting yourself as to what all you can ask on the test. So it’s a two edged sword.

I think for N1 you can reasonably expect to at be confronted with any jouyou kanji, on any part of the test. But that’s just my opinion. So maybe put in all jouyou kanji that aren’t N2 and below yet? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Nice. I’m glad you mentioned star at github would not be: unwelcome by you. Addition of Star, complete.

1 Like

Good. I was gonna be mad if I couldn’t print kanji worksheets after the Sun envelopes the Earth.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! Just started and was actually looking for something just like this because I also love writing things out.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m awful at writing kanji and can’t say I enjoy the process of learning very much, but writing by hand is way more helpful than anything digital for me. So thanks! This is super useful

1 Like

Same! I have a little notebook where I write down new words, so this is very helpful!

1 Like

Added Kanji.sh to the Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List in the Writing > Physical section.

3 Likes

@aruke Just to let you know the GitHub link on your about page is broken it links to github/aruke/kanji.sh instead of github.com/aruke/kanji.sh so it takes you nowhere. :durtle_noice:

1 Like

Thanks @Ollie2304! I fixed the link, and it will be updated in the next few hours!
感謝します!(◍•ᴗ•◍):heart: ✧*。

1 Like

This seems really nice I’m considering doing this with the main downfall of course being I’m going to go have to take out a loan for the printer ink :confused: (Curse you HP) But it would be nice just to be able to physically write on a template. Do you by any chance have a way of knowing how many sheets there are/there are on average in a given number of levels? Like levels 1-10, 11-20 etc.

I used to print those PDFs earlier, but recently I got a reMarkable tablet, so I usually write on the PDF itself (Digital + Paper feeling). If you have an iPad or any tablet that supports writing on PDFs, you can reduce paper usage.
I will consider adding the display for the number of pages in the PDF before downloading. That’s a useful suggestion. Thanks!

1 Like