WaniKani's New Terms of Service

When you run into someone in the TOS thread and realize that they’re serious about leaving the POLL thread and is ignoring the posts you made to bribe them back

Lol, thanks for the tip, I just got my first durtle!

4 Likes

Yeah, I only came here for the new badge - didn’t get it yet tho
I-I mean, I also really care about the Terms of Service … totally … I always read them sweats

10 Likes

No Abuse or Overuse of the API. Abuse or excessively frequent requests to WaniKani via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. Tofugu, in our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. We will make a reasonable attempt to warn you via email prior to suspension.

Not that I think this would apply to a lot of the people here, but for my clarification because my eyes tend to glaze over when reading this ToS lingo, what qualifies as overuse? I understand the abuse bit, but is overuse like constantly requesting a new API key on frequent occasion?

5 Likes

Nicely done.

We will not delete Content that you have contributed to the community forums, but it will be publicly anonymized.

How does that work? Is some fictional random name applied to all the deleted user’s posts, or does it literally say “anonymous”?

Also, it still doesn’t say if someone could transfer their existing account to someone else (and then stop using it).

2 Likes

Whenever I see a post from someone whose account has been deleted, they have no profile picture and their username is User1234567 or something.

3 Likes

8 Likes

But how many badges do you want?

3 Likes

Under section B. Account Terms 2. Account Requirements

Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.

2 Likes

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL
gcea

6 Likes

It was actually presented clearly and concisely, which was a nice change of pace as far as ToS goes. Thank you for that.

Very cool thing I noticed, actually. All the sections are labeled with letters and they are all in alphabetical order. I thought that was a pretty crazy coincidence.

16 Likes

Do we get a special badge for posting here?

4 Likes

Yo lei completo los nuevos terminos, puro cierto!

2 Likes

I’m actually curious about the meaning of the Non-Assignability bit. I assume it’s another legal shield, but it was the only part that I didn’t understand, especially with everything else having simplified explanations. Can anyone shed some light?

I think you have to “attempt” it. If you do it by accident, no problem. Which practically means you need to keep coming up with new ways to do it “by accident” and even then you’re going to start to look suspicious after a few times. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives”

remember when we all dressed up as koichi for a few days?

31 Likes

I liked your post! I acknowledged it!

1 Like

You’re 55 years old on Mercury (the TOS never mentioned that it has to be terrestrial year).

12 Likes

I wonder if this is some reference to a certain law in Japan? :thinking::sweat_smile:

10 Likes

So everyone else here is dead on Mercury
UM IS THERE ANY RULE THAT SAYS YOU HAVE TO BE LIVING?

6 Likes

Ah, yes. Accidents. Of course. :wink:

1 Like