3 Likes

Logical rarely is legalese.

1 Like

Is legalese logical rarely?

1 Like

6 Likes

The new TOS was just served on the forums. :smile:

2 Likes

Given that they were introduced a year ago, I am pretty sure they aren’t new and that you just want the durtle

I actually didnt notice.

1 Like

I think it’s interesting that you have an entire section about advertising. I use Privacy Badger, so I don’t see most banner ads anyway, but I wouldn’t think WK has ads in the first place, even for free users. Then I remembered the forums and realized it’s probably talking about advertising there.

In any case, good on you for putting it into your ToS that corporate ads are a big no-no.

(Hope I’m not too late for the durtle…)

2 Likes

Disclaimer: I am not a licensed attorney and none of my comments can or should be considered legal advice.

I really like the way the terms are broken down and put in much simpler language than that on most sites. I have a question and a recommendation though.

First the question. I’ve been a member for a bit (years…womp) so I don’t remember. When exactly do we agree to the Terms? Did we have to click a box saying we agreed? Without something that forces an action from us to indicate that we agree to the terms people have been able to successfully argue that they were unaware of them, and so weren’t bound.

Second is the recommendation. I read pretty quickly, but I didn’t see anything that was an arbitration clause. While release of liability and disclaimers against any implied warranties are good (for you, haha), in the event that someone did find a reason to file suit against Wanikani directly, an arbitration clause could potentially save you from a costly trial process.

4 Likes

Hi :wave:
1st question: When you first sign up for an account from WaniKani — Sign up there are checkmarks to agree to the Terms of Service:

2nd question: Thanks for the feedback! Let me pass on your comment to the rest of the team to discuss this.

7 Likes

I never knew what an arbitration clause was before this!

Here’s a fact about the ToS: I can recognize that it’s much easier to understand than your average ToS, and yet still have no idea what it means.
Also, nobody can prove I’m not human.

8 Likes

Oh? You’ve studied up on the Turing test, have you?

3 Likes

You seem to pop up whenever the acronym “ToS” is mentioned…

2 Likes

I generally pop up in threads I’m tracking, if there’s a reply I want to comment on. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Qapla’! 

1 Like

Jolan tru, plantron

1 Like

Do note that it’s not an “if and only if”

Short versions? Apple and Facebook could learn a thing or two if they weren’t busy trying to steal everyone’s data.

Is it too late to read the new “Terms of Service” :stuck_out_tongue:

It is never too late to learn more about signing your soul over to the mighty Crabigator.

4 Likes