WaniKani's New Terms of Service

Unfortunately I can’t like this post more than once (or I could if I had several identity but that would break the TOS).

3 Likes

The WK squad-of-squabblers inspires me to regularly check my status as human or lack thereof. Also, it totally says Toe Fug can pull the plug on WK at any time to time with or without warning. Heheheheh. I am scared for April.

There is a revolt being planned in the ruins of Old ToS. You’ve been warned…

1 Like

You applied the Turing test to yourself?!?

4 Likes

So, if you can’t convince yourself that you’re not a computer, does that mean you’re delusional or just have poor powers of persuasion? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

23 Likes

7. Excessive Bandwidth Use

If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other WaniKani customers, we reserve the right to suspend your account or throttle your access until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.

uhh.,…

11 Likes

@Ethan,
Maybe they’ll throttle your bandwidth by reducing your reviews count for you :grin:

Worth a try…

9 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re fine. We’re all fine :sob:

2 Likes

I know I’m late to this topic, but what happens if I actually like the beautiful kanji-pink banner and never click the “Accept the new Terms of Service” button?

2 Likes

I’m sure you (or someone) can write a script to put it back.

Or even make everything kanji-pink if you like. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What if somebody dies and I inherit their WK lifetime account password? Can I use the account, since it’s not used by more than one person at the same time?

2 Likes

Release and Indemnification

"You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service… "

Defend the crabigator! :durtle_stabby::crabigator:

6 Likes

The WaniKani Terms of Service are effective on December 12, 2018. That means it was updated recently! Also, Tofugu retains the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the WaniKani website at any time, with our without cause, and with or without notice. How fun!

1 Like

Is this comment in reference to the Durtle Heaven puzzle? You think there’s a clue buried in there somewhere? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, I wasn’t before, but then you said this, so now I need to actually read it to look for clues, lol.

1 Like

Any excuse to make people read the ToS. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Tfw you read the entire WaniKani terms of services looking for clues, but you only find a bunch of Durt-free legal writing.

12 Likes

I’d be more suspicious of the new Knowledge Base, since the TOS kind of has to be a real-life legal document. When I get home I’ll have a look at GitHub for suspicious merges to that (and maybe take the time to read it “cover to cover”.)

Um… Hi…
I heard there was a durtle to be had…
…What’s that? Something from the TOS that I definitely read?
Let’s see here… Tab to the TOS, select something at random, aaaand
badabing badaboom
If I advertise on Wanikani, it will be my doom!

6 Likes

4. Authorization

By agreeing to these Terms, you are giving us permission to charge your on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you authorize for WaniKani.

I’m curious, is there a reason you include PayPal in the TOS, but don’t offer it on the subscriptions page?

Also, is there a :durtle: lurking?