WaniKani's New Terms of Service

I really hope you just pulled those numbers out of nowhere…because otherwise that is one of the saddest and funniest things I have ever heard…:rofl:

4 Likes

No way, I counted it by hand!

using a word count tool

5 Likes

word count tool:

8 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

(Hamlet)

4 Likes

I actually thought the length of the document would be an interesting thing to observe. :slight_smile: Modern legal systems are oft-criticised for being so complicated that legal documents have to be terribly long and impenetrable. There’s lots of interesting economics about the causes and consequences of this phenomenon. :slight_smile: The ToS are pretty reasonable tho, IMO.

5 Likes

I recall reading an article by someone who, as an experiment, decided to spend a week not using anything at all until he’d read the relevant ToS in its entirety. Think he pretty much just spent the entire week reading ToSes.

6 Likes

https://community.wanikani.com/badges

Inspired by:
Kappa

You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own (“Your Content”).

Given that I like to post my shodo calligraphy here, I’m very pleased by this term. Thanks!

5 Likes
with great content comes great responsibility - Koichi, 2018
8 Likes

Look, about this “responsibility” thing… let’s not get ahead of ourselves…

4 Likes

Well…I mean…you are able to respond, right? If that is not responsability then what is???

badum pshhhhhhhh…

6 Likes

戸。玉ねぎ。戸口。使ってください。

6 Likes

If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other WaniKani customers, we reserve the right to suspend your account or throttle your access until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.

I have no idea how to use excessive bandwidth, but noted!

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s by letting too many reviews pile up and then doing them all at once :scream:

Always do your reviews on time, kids, or Koichi might “throttle” you

12 Likes

I’m not a lawyer either, I honestly don’t know

I’ve never seen such quality memes in response to new terms of service :')

2 Likes

durtle

Section P-7’s my favorite 'cause it’s the shortest: Questions about the Terms of Service? Contact the Crabigator.

1 Like