Wanikanify - A Google Chrome Extension

Amazing! thank you so much

Bubbles1995 said... This is great!! I love how it reads the word out (in Japanese) if you scroll over it and tells you what the original english word was.
Little confused as to why  åˆ keeps replacing the word 'and' though...
 I believe "and" is one of åˆ meanings , check this page https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/%E5%8F%88

You can use the vocab box in ā€œsettingsā€Ā to override entries if they are incorrect or you donā€™t like them.
It just does a naive search and replace type thing.

This is awesome!! Itā€™s really great with rikaichan or rikaikun to jog your memory if you donā€™t remember an old burned kanji.

Hi chedkid and aragonsr! Thanks for this great extension. It works fine for me on my desktop PC (Windows 8.1), however, after purchasing a new laptop with Windows 10 and installing Chrome + the plugin there, the sound does not work? Iā€™ve tried reinstalling the extension, closing my Chrome on my desktop browser, and switching the audio activation settings. Iā€™m using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. What could it be?Ā 

p.s. Iā€™m also using uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere. Although that shouldnā€™t matter (and Iā€™ve used those on my desktop as well without any problems).

p.p.s. Strange thing is: Iā€™ve added ā€œinā€ to the custom word list to prevent it from being converted to äø­ all the time. (Iā€™ve added the expression ā€œin;in;inā€). What happens now is that if I hover over the word ā€œinā€ on a webpage, it doesĀ read the word ā€œinā€ aloud! But the other Kanji words, no.

This is really nice. Even though Iā€™m a beginner (lever 3) itā€™s already good enough to crawl some english news websites, clicking the crabigatorĀ button and see some of the kanji Iā€™ve learned being used. Thanks for doing this.

This is so cool. Thank you so much! =D

Thanks Man , What a Great Idea.

I Think having an automatic transformation ( not this long but you get the idea :smiley: ) option would be very good , Personally I Prefer every webpage I Open to look like this :slight_smile: much more convenient i think.

I really love this, but a word of warning for anyone whoā€™d like to learn from my mistake, this will change email text. Iā€™ve just had a colleague ask why I signed off my email with ā€œč¦Ŗ切Ā regards,ā€ā€¦

1 Like
bat36as said... I Think having an automatic transformation ( not this long but you get the idea :D ) option would be å¤§ć„ć« good , Personally I Prefer every webpage I Open to look like this :) å¤§ć„ć« more convenient i think.
 LMAO!

This extension is AMAZING!!! Great work. I like to use on 10 fast fingers (an online typing test) and it works great! When using on a typing test it forces quick recall which has really helped me! Keep up the great work!!!

Itā€™s wonderful.

Great job! I tried Flipword in the past and like this more :slight_smile:

This is great for reviewing and keeping things fresh! I am also wondering if it is possible when hovering over the Kanji to (as an option)Ā show the whole Wanikani card for theĀ word: allĀ meanings and pronunciation.

Is there a way to make it differentiate capitalized words? Asking because the word ā€œmayā€ gets changed to äŗ”ęœˆ all the time.

Coma said... I really love this, but a word of warning for anyone who'd like to learn from my mistake, this will change email text. I've just had a colleague ask why I signed off my email with "č¦Ŗ切 regards,"...
 That's hilarious! personally I love this I even put it on the computer at work ( which everyone uses ) XD

This is a brilliant use of the API. Is it possible to blacklist words? It keeps translating Teresa MAY, I MAY do this, etc. to äŗ”ęœˆ

1 Like

awesome, thank you :heart_eyes:

How have I lived without this for so long?!

This is AWESOME, thank you!