Wanikanify - A Google Chrome Extension

Replying mostly to save this thread for myself, I’m definitely downloading this when I get out of work :slight_smile:

Very Impressive, I’m loving it! ありがとうございます!

Accidental Double Post, my apologies

Accidentally emailing people with wanikanify turned on and then their email has random kanji scattered throughout… whoops

Yea, someone else said they had that problem.
Unfortunately, I have no clue how to solve that.
You could blacklist gmail or whatever you use I guess…

@aragonsr
if/when you make a new version, can you let me know by leaving a message on this thread? i’d really appreciate it, thanks! :smiley:

This is great!! I love how it reads the word out (in Japanese) if you scroll over it and tells you what the original english word was.
Little confused as to why  又 keeps replacing the word ‘and’ though…

Amazing! thank you so much

Bubbles1995 said... This is great!! I love how it reads the word out (in Japanese) if you scroll over it and tells you what the original english word was.
Little confused as to why  又 keeps replacing the word 'and' though...
 I believe "and" is one of 又 meanings , check this page https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/%E5%8F%88

You can use the vocab box in “settings” to override entries if they are incorrect or you don’t like them.
It just does a naive search and replace type thing.

This is awesome!! It’s really great with rikaichan or rikaikun to jog your memory if you don’t remember an old burned kanji.

Hi chedkid and aragonsr! Thanks for this great extension. It works fine for me on my desktop PC (Windows 8.1), however, after purchasing a new laptop with Windows 10 and installing Chrome + the plugin there, the sound does not work? I’ve tried reinstalling the extension, closing my Chrome on my desktop browser, and switching the audio activation settings. I’m using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. What could it be? 

p.s. I’m also using uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere. Although that shouldn’t matter (and I’ve used those on my desktop as well without any problems).

p.p.s. Strange thing is: I’ve added “in” to the custom word list to prevent it from being converted to 中 all the time. (I’ve added the expression “in;in;in”). What happens now is that if I hover over the word “in” on a webpage, it does read the word “in” aloud! But the other Kanji words, no.

This is really nice. Even though I’m a beginner (lever 3) it’s already good enough to crawl some english news websites, clicking the crabigator button and see some of the kanji I’ve learned being used. Thanks for doing this.

This is so cool. Thank you so much! =D

Thanks Man , What a Great Idea.

I Think having an automatic transformation ( not this long but you get the idea :smiley: ) option would be very good , Personally I Prefer every webpage I Open to look like this :slight_smile: much more convenient i think.

I really love this, but a word of warning for anyone who’d like to learn from my mistake, this will change email text. I’ve just had a colleague ask why I signed off my email with “親切 regards,”…

1 Like
bat36as said... I Think having an automatic transformation ( not this long but you get the idea :D ) option would be 大いに good , Personally I Prefer every webpage I Open to look like this :) 大いに more convenient i think.
 LMAO!

This extension is AMAZING!!! Great work. I like to use on 10 fast fingers (an online typing test) and it works great! When using on a typing test it forces quick recall which has really helped me! Keep up the great work!!!

It’s wonderful.