WaniKani User Resets

Is there a possibility of a “Max Level Award” feature that would persist through account reset? Could be very simple, even just a badge, but for people who want to get to 60 and then reset and relevel, something permanent to indicate their achievement.

Of course what would be really amazing is New Game +. When you get to 60 and reset to 1, it unlocks a new mode. Maybe faster timers, maybe more unlocks, never-burn mode, something crazy for the next level of challenge xD

2 Likes

Actually, that would be kind of a cool way to introduce things that are high level vocab that use simple kanji, like 本音 (ほんね one’s true motives) or 出世 (しゅっせ success in life). You unlock those N1 vocab for lower levels after completing level 60, heh.

4 Likes

We’re taking bets to see who accidentally resets themselves without wanting to. Someone do me proud.

28 Likes

I’m getting flashbacks to dropping that plate in the cafeteria and having everyone clap. And then clapping whenever someone else does it and feeling a great sigh of relief it wasn’t you.
The clapping does help.
I’ll take a pass on the betting though.

1 Like

We have some things planned, but they’re not high priority at the moment.

1 Like

@koichi, you’re horrible!
; P

(I say that while smiling after laughing a bit from a place of love…)

1 Like

now I wonder who you bet on…

who here do you think is so dumb they can manage to go through the 3 or 4 step process to reset themselves accidentally?

1 Like

In other news, I just saw my new sect name :open_mouth:

I must be the hug giver.
From now on, I will have a signature at the bottom of every post.

~(o゚▽゚)o

2 Likes

おめでとう!

Remember, if you know how you got it to post in ShotgunLagoon’s thread. : D

1 Like

Proofses!!

https://community.wanikani.com/t/Yes-it-is-painful/17249/6?u=alexbeldan

Can we like, download our data and restore it later?

1 Like

Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!

Now I have to assume you’re lying! :wink:

1 Like

That explains why it didn’t expand it. :smiley:

That would be a lovely option. I second that request/question!

1 Like

The downloaded data has to be tied to just one user and somehow impossible to change to another user.

1 Like

Nope. You currently cannot do this, and we do not have plans to allow this in the future.

You might be able to download your data through use of the API, but we’re not going to allow people to upload their own data to the site.

1 Like

It’s like a suggestion

1 Like

You just levelled up, didn’t you? I’m positive i saw 58 by your name yesterday… Congrats! One more level…!

(And I still second this suggestion.)

1 Like

Nice, This feature came just in time 2 weeks after I reset my account. Oh well, I have a lifetime account, and I could see my self resetting again at some point.

Thanks for this new feature!

1 Like

Just L59’ed this morning.

1 Like