WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

I get the pleasure of knocking out these new level ten kanji over the next couple of days #blessed

7 Likes

Level 26! But omg, I’m nearly drowning by the amount of reviews :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Don’t forget the :coffee:

Along this process, I’ve already experienced 3 days with 500+ reviews :scream:

Maybe just a coincidence beetween Lessons + Burns + Leeches + Apprentice Items which happened to appear at the same date :rofl:

In any case

Keep vrooming!
:racing_car::checkered_flag:

7 Likes

500? The most I’ve had in a single day was 387 reviews (day I hit level 11), and I’ve only had two days with over 300 (362 on the day I hit level 8). you know, I’m noticing a pattern here

6 Likes

Don’t fear my friend…

I try to comfort myself thinking: How many words could you read in one day?

I’m aware the mental exhaustion is greater with reviews but… Is not the ability to read kanji what I seek?

In this context, the main point is to reach a level in which it is possible to recognize them (or almost all of them) without effort, and for that sake I prefer sometimes to commit a mistake so the SRS keeps shooting the same word at me until is burnt for real :muscle:

Sadly, sometimes a “not so well learned word” gets into the Burn pile but… I wait for the day, we’ll meet again in the wild :rofl:

Well… Let’s go for a new review session… Just hope all those leeches don’t make me fall anemic :scream:

8 Likes

I’ve been trying a new routine recently. Any of you do the same ?
So I used to do my reviews almost as soon as they came up, and had 10 sessions per day of 20-30 items max.
But now with work, I had to change. At 8 pm, I sit down with lofi girl playing and a beverage, and go trough 200+ reviews in almost one go. Takes me about 30min-1h depending on how awake I am.
(Though I still do the kanji and radicals on time to keep the 7DPL)
Not sure I’ll be able to do the same when I’ll get to the fast levels. maybe 2 such sessions ? Idk maaan I’m scared for them. Still 1,5 month of respite…
GL to yall

8 Likes

Praise the :coffee:

6 Likes

+1 Hooray! :grin::grin::grin:
istockphoto-499097049-612x612

5 Likes

I don’t do that, but most of my reviews come at night (12:00 - 4:00 AM) and so I have to do about 150 of them during that time, and maybe the other 100 or a bit less spread throughout the day. Even though I have the time to do it during the day, I’m still forced to do a huge amount in a small time frame. Who knows how I’ll live during the fast levels

4 Likes

The pain… but yeah, doing many mini sessions at work only hurts me because I can’t focus enough and end up making silly mistakes, but the anxiety of seeing 100+ on Tsurukame every time I open my phone just stresses me out too hahaha

That being said, I do try to do 2 or 3 sessions a day to get rid of the leeches. (I’m looking at you 化ける and 化かす :angry: )

:bowing_woman: :bowing_woman: :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Level 40! Feels good to move up on that chart again. Last level of 地獄

13 Likes

gz ! Your pace is so fast :pensive: , I feel like you are gonna catch me in no time (as soon as you hit the flevels)

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

Like you do them at 12 or 1 and then you sleep ? Or do you wake up ?

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha I get you. Still can differentiate them myself 100%…

3 Likes

reached lv 29. One more lvl till 30. Although, looking at the lesson pile I’m a bit scared

9 Likes

Just hit level 22 which means my prediction of getting one more level before my first burns was correct!
Kinda cut it a bit close though, they come in in about 4 hours.

8 Likes

Haha… bold of you to assume I go to sleep. I usually stay on my PC up till 5am and then sleep at 6am, I have to pray at 5 but there’s a good chance I might sleep through my alarm so I’ve opted to just stay awake till I’m done with all that, and somehow my reviews changed to that way. I sleep a solid 6 hours, but hey, maybe when I’m level 60 I can change this sleep schedule up a bit.

7 Likes

I’ve done the impossible and burned the ground radical first try. I almost started typing ‘one’ instinctively but I realised before hitting a single key.
I would like to thank all the people on the forums who got it wrong and then posted about it (don’t remember anyone in particular) because I probably would have joined y’all had I not had constant reminders.

14 Likes

Hopping on board this race now. Just levelled up to 9 a few days ago. Let’s see where I will end up at the end of the year! Side note, been on Wanikani since June this year and have a steady pace. :smiley: Let’s Goo!

11 Likes

Be welcome to the Vroooming madness :crazy_face:

Hope you like coffee :rofl::coffee::rofl::coffee::rofl::coffee:

:racing_car::checkered_flag:

7 Likes