WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

Level 34, once again had to stay at the same place on the chart. Kind of depressing ngl

Side note, really a lot of kanji look too similar now, it gets confusing and annoying

10 Likes

My list of look-alike kanji is increasing at lightspeed :scream:
It is now around 60 items :sweat:
I’ll post an update when arriving at Lvl 30
In the meanwhile, let me think some kind of logic arrangement… Hoping to navigate thru them with ease :thinking:

9 Likes

WK has absolutely zero chill. Went for a work trip for a week and I end up with 600 reviews. One bright side is gonna hit 2k burns soon

8 Likes

I’m facing the same thing, I had a low motivation weekend and then bam!

But I’ve decided to take a lessons break for a while to try and feel more in control of the reviews again. Good luck to us both whittling down the pile!

6 Likes

yea. I feel like I’ll be in lv 20s for quite some time if this keeps up. Don’t get time to sleep as is. haha

7 Likes

Saaaaaame. But death has to end sometime, right? And then we’ll be in hell…

7 Likes

Just hit level 17! I think I forgot my level 16 post so this counts as that now and you cannot change my mind. Beat my level 15 time of 7 days and 10 hours by one whole hour.

Yeah I have nothing special to say I’m just progressing as usual.

11 Likes

Here to brag a little because for the first time ever, I am actually on top of my lessons without an overwhelming apprentice pile! :33 Though I can already see this won’t last long, it is too good to be true :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

Oof. A bad night’s sleep and my reviews accuracy for that day drop from high 70’s to low 60’s

7 Likes

How’d you manage that with such a low apprentice pile? How much do you do a day

4 Likes

I don’t :sweat_smile:
My apprentice pile had 178 items just two days ago. My workload fluctuates between 100-250 reviews a day and I do lessons very infrequently (depending on whether I feel like it on any given day) in larger batches. It just so happened that I felt quite confident with level 44 vocab, so I had learnt most of it in one go - meaning I also got to Guru it in one sweep. Those screenshots I took are a once in a lifetime occurence for me - usually my dashboard looks more like a war crime :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ah I see I have 200+ workload from doing 20 a day, still can’t get to 0 unless I do like 40 a day which is too much to sustain

6 Likes

finally reached 2k burns :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Congrats on the big burns! :333

puginspace-pugdance

6 Likes

Almost 3 hours on wanikani… 254 reviews today (396 total because I slacked off hehehe)
What kind of hell did I get myself into? :scream: :melting_face:

8 Likes

Be welcome :smiling_imp:

I’ve got 400+ for today :rofl:

It’s gonna be a looooong day… Maybe 4 sessions w/100 reviews each would do the trick :thinking:

Hellfire is approaching :fire::scream::fire:

8 Likes

424_reviews
happens man. This was my highest number of reviews in a day

7 Likes

32! I lost a bit of momentum this past week since I was traveling and then came home sick (covid-negative, shoutout to my KN95) so I have forced myself to hold off on lessons for now. Still kept up with my reviews though, and I’m relieved to say that loss of momentum does not equal loss of motivation. I’m feeling better this morning, kind of, and I’m heading back into the lesson mines!

10 Likes

5 Likes

1000 burns

@LuisTM thank you for reminding me

12 Likes