WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2022, All Aboard!

Level 17, after 12 days on level 16.
I think this is likely to be my pace for the time being (new job, new country, same company); so the 27 days on 15 is hopefully just a one off. Maybe level 18 by the end of June, perhaps 30 by the end of the year is still achievable).
Good luck everyone.

10 Likes

Level 27

This time I don’t have lessons from 2 levels ago, however I only just finished the last of level 25s lessons yesterday, so I still have most of level 26 vocab to do. Just did a quick 10 lessons after leveling up to get the radicals done (plus 2 kanji) so now sitting at 170.

10 Likes

Level 13, 9 days. I’ll try to do ~10 day levels rather than >15 days until the autumn semester starts up mid August :slightly_smiling_face: Also: my first burns are due in 4 days so that’s a bit exciting :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

sha la laaa

ezgif.com-gif-maker - 2022-06-20T110534.778

not done any new lessons yet

gotta be the lowest lesson count i have at the start of a level.

app count higher than usual but will come down during the day

14 Likes

Cheers for our favorite cat on reaching the cursed level :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But meh… It also means you’ve already cleared 1/3 of WaniKani so: We have faith in you :cat::muscle:

Keeep vroooooming!
:racing_car::checkered_flag:

8 Likes

i cleared 2/3 of it in a past life… still the same flippin leeches lol! they really do stick and suck your blood!

7 Likes

Just hit level 11! I’m finally into a new category and with whole bunch of lessons for me to get through.

8 Likes

Reached my first few burns. Finally! :fire: :fire: :fire:

I have come to accept my slower pace these days (clocking in at 3 weeks so far at level 12) but I’m just so happy with my first few burns, might as well update my progress :grin:

11 Likes

Joining in the middle of the year, because nothing can stop a manly racer!
Hopefully, I’m wrapping up level 4 this week and be on track to reach level 30 by the end of the year.

11 Likes

I took a 2 week break and was greeted by a review wall of 1070. Gonna have to burn through 'em now

10 Likes

Oof, good luck!

5 Likes

Congrats. Just started level 21 too, 150 lessons!

7 Likes

Just reached level 14 with 10 days till the jlpt(n4) hoping to make it to 15

9 Likes

Welcome back :smiley:

Missed your usual leveling posts… :frowning:

Don’t lose the spirit… We’re at 1/3 of WaniKani
:racing_car::checkered_flag:

9 Likes

Managed to level up from 23 to 24 without actively trying to level up in 35 days - it’s a lot, but better than nothing. Only doing my daily reviews of sometimes 5/day (to keep up the streak) and sometimes 100-200 during the weekend and learning 3 or 5 new kanji/vocab (whatever’s next) per day helped me get there.

Interviews are going well but without this group I don’t think I would’ve cared about keeping my streak up during this period - thanks for motivating me to be consistent!

9 Likes

Hit level 25 the other day and just got my first burns!!! Get outta here, level 1 radicals!!!

10 Likes

Have definitely hit some speedbumps on this race!

Not advancing as quickly as before, but I’m pretty psyched to have 430 burned items. It felt like forever to even get that first burn, but they’ve gone up rapidly since then.

Keep racing and set your heart ablaze 皆さま!頑張りましょうか!

4 Likes

Level 26 and my burn reviews are finally coming in.

4 Likes