WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2022, All Aboard!

I’ve got to level 15 :tada:
Probably going to spend a little longer here, too much other stuff going on at the moment (moving to Japan for two years in a week :astonished: - so much still to do ….)

12 Likes

Level 20!!! :partying_face: I can’t believe how much I’ve learned since I started WK at the beginning of the year! I felt myself starting to lose momentum last month so I slowed my lessons down which ended up being a very good decision. Rather than just blasting through every lesson at once, now I get through radicals and kanji ASAP and then slowly dole out the vocabulary over the course of the week which has made things way more manageable. Finally on my way out of painful! Next stop uhhh death!

14 Likes

Hiiiiii everybody!

It’s so awesome to see how much progress you’ve been making! Well done folks!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

I just read through all your messages over the last month or so that I’ve been totally out of the Japanese game (apart from a smol handful of WK reviews here and there, and watching some things on Netflix).

Buuut my brakes are off, my helmet is on, and I’m ready to do some (slow-moderate) vrooming again :racing_car: wish me luck!

14 Likes

Good luck, :racing_car::dash:vroom-vroom :dash:
:grin:

5 Likes

Hey ! Well done ! I think I started at the same time as you or about going almost full speed too :wink:
The reorder script is the best discovery to do radicals and kanji at the start ! Then 20-30 lesson of vocab per day afterwards :slight_smile:
It’s so cool seeing other people achieving the same results :smile:

4 Likes

Made it to 14! :partying_face:
But the pile of lessons has overwhelmed me that it further stacked up to 197 after I leveled up. *curls up into a ball*

I’m gonna try to chunk it out so it’s not as overwhelming :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Oooo-wee that is several lessons! :flushed:

I have a lesson pile of 105 that has been taunting me for over a month :sweat_smile: but maybe this week is the week!!

Ganbatte ne! :heart:

5 Likes

Hey ! Good job ! Almost one 4th of the way already !
I suggest you mix the kanji throughout the first half when you’re doing your radicals, so that portions unlock one after another and you’re constantly around 20-80 lessons available. It’s less depressing at the start of each level.
You can use the reorder script :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ganbatte!!

you got whatever week and day the time shall be :fire:

Aw thank for both the encouragement and suggestion! :face_holding_back_tears:

I’ve actually been doing that, but I just hit a wall when the lessons were around 50-80… and then the durtle mountain happened :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Ganbatte you tooooo <3

5 Likes

Hahahahaha

A “durtle mountain” just appeared…

Your expression:
CookedEverlastingIzuthrush-size_restricted

5 Likes

Me at level 20: wow, I’m making so much progress!
Me at level 21: wow, I can’t remember any of these kanji!

This is probably going to be my longest level in a while, a few key mistakes right before level up have delayed it by about 3 days. Still won’t download that undo button script, I can’t be trusted (goes off to try and channel more zen)

6 Likes

reached lv 24. Took 15 days this time. This was 1 long level

6 Likes

Don’t say that you’re making me scared :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

Nah, it’s certainly just me. My brain isn’t working great on this level.

3 Likes

This level I’ve also been delayed by a few days. I should level up tomorrow though

2 Likes

Just leveled up last night as well, and ended up at 205… I’m crying with you. I feel like at this point I should just give up on ever getting down to 0 lessons.

kitty

I think level 21 must be cursed :sweat_smile:

Though seriously, I feel like some levels are harder than others independent of which level category they’re in. And I very much admire your resolve not to download that script - I feel like having it downloaded is worst when you hit one of those hard levels.

6 Likes

No, I remember a difficulty jump at level 21, too. Some of the burn reviews are just coming back around now to bite me, haha :sweat_smile:. Though for me at least, some of it was definitely real life stress making it harder to study.

4 Likes

Hello, I am 2 months in WaniKani and coincidentally also 2 months in from studying Japanese.

I have studied japanese before but its to the extend of just hiragana, but I have been trying to make it consistent for the last 2 months and it seems to be going okay.

I am trying to find like minded people so we can continue this journey of 日本語上手 together

2 Likes

Welcome to the Vrooooooming :racing_car::checkered_flag: madness :smiley::grin:

Happy to study with you until the end :muscle:

Let’s hit some durtles :turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::facepunch: