WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

2 Likes

314 is a concerning number. Good luck clearing that review pile.

2 Likes

welcome to WK (again) and the race @Bayobails!

4 Likes

Thanks but I already took care of it :smile: After all these years anything below 500 doesn’t bother me that much anymore and only 1000+ is truly scary …

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

I already feel pressured by seeing a pile over 100

7 Likes

13 Likes

I’m in 7th heaven, or maybe I need a gif from Kurosawa’s masterpiece (seven samurai, not yojimbo) ~ or applauding cats, or something…
Sadly I’m a digital immigrant
(I remember when ‘pong’ was released!),
and learning to insert a gif into a post, on an iPad, is taking me away from my newly refilled lesson queue and is something I’ll try and catch up with by the next level up, promise :joy:

7 Likes

find a gif you like by typing samurai cat gif in google and just copy paste the link here

7 Likes

Thank you!
I will practise this skill before level 8 :joy:

btw - what is the Japanese idiom for “teaching an old dog new tricks”?
(asking for a friend;:rofl:)

7 Likes

Gonna level up tomorrow. Waiting for the last few kanji is always hard
5_more_kanji

9 Likes

I feel you - sometimes I think that’s the hardest part of each level… :rofl:

3 Likes

The pace of 14-day levels is extremely enjoyable. I think I’ll just try to keep that up until the end, because not only is doing daily reviews way more feasable but it seems to positively impact learning and retention. Shouldn’t be surprising I guess :sweat_smile:

7-day running average shows well when i changed pace; more than counteracting the additional burn reviews.

Here are the actual daily review numbers. Apparently when going fast there will inevitably occur days with 300 - 400 reviews, while the latest spike was due to slacking a tiny little bit for one, two, three days.

3 Likes

What pace were you doing before the 14-day pace?

1 Like

Average was 7 days and 9 hours … so, fast! 6d20h being max speed. But it has to be said I reset a few times already and those first 20 levels are really easy for me by now.

3 Likes

a long level for me this time.
had a very, very harsh last 10 days after we lost our cat to a careless driver. life has been sad and dull.

lost my streak but mainly plodded on with at least reviews most days.

level 13 today. only 82 lessons to get started. let’s try to polish this in 2 weeks this time.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat :green_heart: my heart goes to you. Well done for hanging in there with your reviews most days, in spite of the circumstances.

My last level took 24 days or something because of a whole smorgasbord of unplanned and difficult life events and a loooot of travelling, both domestic and international :sweat_smile:

This level now I’m upping the pace a bit because I have some more brain space again! :blush: :racing_car: :checkered_flag:

5 Likes

Reached lv 15. Fastest level so far (7 days 14 hrs). Let’s see if I can smash a level in less than 7 days next. Vrooming is so satisfying

9 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, please take care of yourself! Wanikani is important, but it isn’t the most important thing.

3 Likes

I’m an idiot. I thought I got to level 22, when in fact I only Guru’d the radicals and part of the kanji. fml haha

4 Likes

Lol, the anti…cipation strikes again

3 Likes