WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

Just reached level 30 - WOOO :333 Halfway there!

catjam

I can feel that I am at the verge of yet another burnout tho, so perhaps I’ll just stay where I’m at for the moment and do sum self-study sessions instead.

11 Likes

it’s a script?
i have so many i forgot what one gets with vanikani!

2 Likes

Thanks!
Since I reset a while back, Wanikani is probably the easier part; grammar will be hell, though.
Last year, in the Netherlands JLPT was only for students from the university due to covid, I really hope this year they’ll open it up again.

2 Likes

sounds wise. i defo started burning out around 32 - 33 and pushing on to 40 was a mistake. i should have just self studied instead. not regretting the reset at all but taking a moment would also have been a good solution.

i reset my bunpro and am only planning to do 9 lessons a week max. if i can do the test in july, i might try N4 but i might just take it easy and N5 though N5 has so much kana it actually puts me off.

5 Likes

Good luck!
I reset my bunpro as well last week.
Definitely go for N4 just to see how it goes! You’ll notice soon enough if it’s a bridge too far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, that’s a feature of Dashboard progress plus! :smile:

3 Likes

Out of context: Can U please tell me how to embed YT videos in this forum :sweat_smile: :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Welp, signed in here. I believe I’ll be the slowest durtle out there, because for some reason I had an empty account here since 2018. Two years per level is not a joke, hope I’ll make it to 4th till 2023. :sunglasses:
изображение

11 Likes

As a reward for reaching each new unit, I would go on WaniKani Community, read and post.

You want to finish unit after unit? Turn off your notifications and be consistent with your reviews and your lessons. Set a schedule and stick to it. You don’t need a study buddy. You need to just stay off social media. That alone will give you plenty of time.

You’re welcome

3 Likes

Well, I think the most important thing is that you’re still around and trying your best despite the setback :3 I always found it very difficult to return after failing - the fact that I caught up on the burnout early is quite lucky. Or perhaps I’ve learnt from burning out so many times before :smiley:

Hahahaha, welcome to the club :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

i just copy and paste the link:

if you just want to show a part of the video, click share under the video and tick the time stamp

you can also use this to get a link to the video with no time stamp

this is on PC

3 Likes

I may always have a good level-up time in between all the resets but … :eyes:

9 Likes

We found a winner!

4 Likes

How is our club called? I am glad I found a comrade with same 1000+ days on lvl 1. :durtle_noice:

5 Likes

Thanks, I will consider your tips

7 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

Just reset from level 5 back to level 1 yesterday after failing to get back into studying last year. Joined back in 2016 originally. Going to set myself an actual schedule to stick to for studying to make it a habit again and see long it takes to get back to 5 and how far I can get in a year.

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Joined, hopefully filled it in correctly. Reset the 7th of January from levl 8 to lvl 1 after being away for a few years.

9 Likes

welcome back!
actually welcome full stop!

this time, you will make it!

welcome @Yaana as well. starting from scratch is great. that fresh feeling!

4 Likes