WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

The post under the main post is where you add your stats to the board, just click the orange icon.

Or if you mean the personalized leaderboards that’s a plugin thing found here.

You can’t directly push the wiki leaderboard into the script though, you have to manually add each person.

I’d opt for adding your favorites or people around your level though, there’s a lot of people there!

2 Likes

yes please haha. I dont think I understand the instructions properly

2 Likes

Well, not directly, but you actually can.

1 Like

sha la laaaa
ezgif.com-gif-maker (83)

5 Likes

So painful when you get a review wrong on a kanji because of a typo and it delays your level up by a day

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s painful. There are userscripts to combat this. Just make sure to not abuse them! :durtle_noice:

4 Likes

This is an awesome idea!

Looking forward to getting to at least 30 by the end of the year. I’m past halfway; how hard can it be? :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Oh! Well look at me sounding kinda dumb.

1 Like

Congrats, look at you crushing it!

3 Likes

Just came back from a 6 month hiatus and ready to rock. See you guys at 30.
がんばって!!

8 Likes

I just started and I found this message super helpful! I have been feeling a combo of things going to slow but also being overwhelmed and it’s good to keep in mind that a “slow” but steady pace is the way to really learn permanently :smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m brand new and would love to join but don’t quite understand how wikis work yet. Is this being put in manually or is there a way to tie it to our profile so the stats update automatically? Thank you!!

3 Likes

You put it in manually (and update the info manually) by clicking this button:

Explanation

and pasting in this information:

here, like so:

I hope this helps:)

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! This looks easier than I thought it would be :slight_smile: How frequently do people come back and update these, or is it only at official checkpoints?

3 Likes

I intend to do it every time I level up, but it’s up to each person to decide obviously. I can’t tell you how often others will do it since we’ve just started the race:)

3 Likes

I’m down, so sign me up

5 Likes

かかってこいや!I’ll give it my best shot!!

totally not a wannabe shounen protagonist

6 Likes

Sounds like fun!

4 Likes

Second level gained since starting the race! :racing_car:

I feel so motivated, just like when I attended my first japanese class back at university (18 or so years ago :rofl:), learning the kana… And from my perspective at that time reading the Kanji was a distant, almost impossible dream.

Maybe I’m not the one to talk being only a newcomer but I just wanted to share this feeling.

Keep the fire burning guys! :fire::fire::fire:

11 Likes

Can definitely relate, just took my first official Japanese class this past semester. For once my weeb knowledge was put to good use :sweat_smile:

6 Likes