Wanikani Shortest Possible Completion Time

I am on almost the same pace as you! I find that 8 days is short enough to keep me focused but not so strict that I am going crazy at work or at home with the family.

1 Like

In previous topics we calculated that it takes about 900 hours to complete Wanikani. Do they math with estimations about how long you spend each day on it and figure out how many days it will take you.

Of course someone new to Japanese and someone already proficient in Japanese (but not Kanji) will have very different times.

Also, (as someone living in Tokyo), by level 50 I really do know just about every kanji I see on a day to day basis, with the exception of specialized menu items that Wanikani doesn’t cover anyway. But I can at least know the radicals and can make up my own mnemonic on the fly pretty easy now. Just something to keep in mind, that level 60 is necessary. Though the bliss I hope to get from reaching it someday is egging me on.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.