Wanikani screenshots 📸

2 Likes

I did a tonne of lessons before bed last night (never again because I couldn’t remember most of the new kanji readings), and I wake up today to see all my lessons plus a load of sneaky reviews that decided to come back for mastering. Finally get through all 123 and what do I see…

No, NOT “Oh Boy!” Stop torturing me WaniKani!

3 Likes

Uh oh…this is not good…

10 Likes

Fairly small review… but 100% so I am happy! :smiley:

6 Likes

My last WK lesson E V E R :speak_no_evil:

Bittersweet :')

26 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

com-add-text

1 Like

WK team: Tomorrow we’ll be adding some new items that were requested by the users.

Srsly, congratz :heart:

4 Likes

HAHA - I don’t even think I’d mind, I enjoyed lessons :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Thank youuu! :star_struck::sparkles:

1 Like

Time to reset to level 06!

3 Likes

Just need to wait for the perfect moment where doing so will make the ultimate point :ok_hand:

8 Likes

I just kept repeating “an amount of framed forehead pictures” to myself and it seemed to do the trick. Although don’t do this out loud. People will certainly think you’re insane.

1 Like

whoever came up with this is a genius

i haven’t had a mnemonic stick so strongly as this since Sugar Tom

auto-rope

4 Likes

I loved this one too! I’ve never forgotten it so far :laughing:

(PS: Congrats on level 50! :tada::sparkles::five::zero::sparkles::tada:)

5 Likes

ty! i’ll be joining you in reality in no time!

2 Likes

:thinking:

20 Likes

You mean かた is not the on’yomi for 方! I feel like the vocab has been lying to me…

3 Likes

WK teaches you what they consider to be the “most common” reading for a kanji when you first learn an item as a kanji, and that can either be the on’yomi or kun’yomi, it just depends :see_no_evil:

If you’re ever wondering which one you’re learning or just want to clarify, you can always search a kanji and go to its page and see what its readings are ^^

Ex for 方:

3 Likes

Thank you! I usually try and remember the on’yomi vs kun’yomi based on the vocab and remember exceptions separately, that’s why this threw me off! All of the double kanji vocab so far with 方 had been using the kun’yomi reading and I just didn’t notice :blush:

1 Like

most kun’yomis are actually kana combinations that will never show up as on’yomi, which you might start to get a sense of over time. the only possible kana for a two-kana on’yomi to end in are いうきくちつん. (that page says おお is possible but…?)

there’s also this userscript i like that gives a visual cue by rendering all on’yomis on kanji flashcards in katakana, which i find especially helpful when there’s like, two kanji read か in the same level but opposite reading types.

1 Like