Wanikani screenshots 📸

I hate those, too. But not quite with as much vigor.

ᵃᵐ ᴵ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵒ’ˢ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵐᶦˣᵉᵈ ᵘᵖ 未 ᵃⁿᵈ 末

7 Likes

Notice the horizontal bars (ground radical). In both kanji, one is bigger than the other, right? Now, imagine you’re on a race between the bottom of the kanji to the top of it. The kanji 未 has the big bar at the bottom. Why? Because you’re not there yet. There where? To the end of the race 末.

6 Likes

excellent!
i came up with a similar thing haha

EDIT: oh, there’s also this, i think i had a big gap between my lessons so i have to wait a while before i can level up :frowning:

2 Likes

You can use <small> to make text small

3 Likes

AHHHHH I’VE NEVER KNOWN I JUST PUT IT IN A SUPERSCRIPT GENERATOR THANK YOU, YOU KIND BEING

1 Like

When I first learned them I consistently messed them up, but after a while I just managed to remember which one was which through sheer will.

I will try to avoid abusing this knowledge

6 Likes

Screenshot_3

FINALLY! AFTER SIX WEEKS MY DASHBOARD HAS TWO ZEROES IN IT

Screenshot_4

Oh… what did I get myself into…

8 Likes

I have made…some poor decisions…

59 PM
22 PM

6 Likes

Ohh! You two are so close to membership in the highly exclusive 168 apprentice club!

6 Likes

Nice

10 Likes

Hmmm… must be time for bed.

(I previously reviewed 〜的 “-al” before this, so that must be why. Thank goodness for typo protection!)

5 Likes

If you write that, then you will not be able to remember the right meaning! Be more careful!

1 Like

Thats what YOU think. Truth be told, the secret to how I go so fast is by making nic cage a synonym for everything anyways. That way, I never get meaning wrong.

6 Likes

tfw your progress page explodes after leaving the free trial…

11 Likes

Eh, it’s a good mnemonic, and gives you a good chuckle. I don’t think Nic Cage has his own kanji, either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (though with his personality, who knows)

1 Like

Haha, Yeah I was just joking with him. It was a reference to something that happened in another thread.

3 Likes

I think I know the one you mean… I realize the intent of the joke now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Chances are if tama and I are saying something to eachother, its probably just a dumb joke not to be taken seriously.

Actually, pretty much everything I say is a dumb joke not to be taken seriously now that I think about it.

7 Likes

Now I’m hooked on the idea of kanji for Nic Cage, though… An ateji perhaps?

1 Like