Wanikani screenshots 📸

double psa, Don’t procrastinate vocab lessons.

1 Like

Install the WaniKani SRS Level Progress script. By knowing exactly how many items I have in each category (mainly Guru 1 and Guru 2), I can better identify the problem and fix it. For example, if you level up every 7 days, you’ll expect to have on Guru 1 a number representing radicals + kanji + vocab equivalent to 1 level (since 7 days = 1 level) + leeches. For Guru 2, the number should be the double (2 weeks vs 1 week).

My case:

adada

As you can see, the double of my Guru 1 would be around 440. Right now, I have near to 400 items on Guru 2. I also know that in every level, I’ll have around 160 new items. Taking all this into consideration, I can easily conclude that recently I had too many leeches appearing. This is true. Last week I seriously felt like I was getting burned out. Based on all this, I stopped doing 20 vocabs/day and went to 15/day. This allowed me to start focusing on the leeches that were appearing. Now my problem is solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Presented without comment:

8 Likes

After yesterday’s reviews it reverted back to the norm, so I’m hopefully good now. It was probably because some weeks ago I slacked off slightly and then had a large set of lessons to do at once, and those were still in Guru. But I’ll look into the script if I get worried again! Thanks.

1 Like

Damn, huge change! :slight_smile: Glad it’s back to normal! :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t you sleep? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I do
I used to have all my reviews for leveling up at sunday 7/8 am or wednesday 7/8 pm. Sadly things are disrupted now since one Sunday morning I woke up with other important matters to take care of.

1 Like

ss2

6 Likes

Anyone follow Food Wars (Shokugeki no Souma)? I can’t believe I didn’t make the connection till now, doh.

(Almost done season 2 and will be able to catch up to the current simulcast!)

what about Sena from Haganai. She’s also known as meat.

1 Like

5 Likes

I understood the Tofugu interviews reference (nice one), but I don’t understand this ‘ball’ reference.

Sign :clap: me :clap: up :clap:

11 Likes

I got this vocab on the review session to level 60:

It felt just right

10 Likes

I wrote “zo” yesterday for 動物園… That didn’t really work.

there is no typo protection for words with 3 or less characters.

2 Likes

Today’s gonna be a good day.

3 Likes

you would feel even more good if ‘answered correctly’ section was on the top. :smile:

1 Like

Where can I buy this and how much does it cost :wink:

5 Likes

5 Likes