Wanikani screenshots 📸

c’mon man I just want to be level 7 already :tired_face:

it’s my fault though… went through one of my review sessions way too fast and ended up missing like 3 kanji in a row because I tried typing at appx. 1000 words per minute. ope.

1 Like

Oh my god it was long

7 Likes

therideneverend

11 Likes

this is what happens when you do all of your lessons at once, kids:

woke up to 149 reviews this morning :tired_face:

5 Likes

(This post is mostly me ranting, feel free to ignore :slightly_smiling_face:)

Capture30
Capture31

This is some weird burn, and I’m not quite sure what to do with it. “do/doing” seems to work better to make sense of compound words, but it’s so abstract I can’t find any remotely memorable mnemonic. Meanwhile, “attend” seems to be mostly for 仕える, which I haven’t even learned yet. This makes it somewhat tougher to remember which words use 仕. “Attend” is the RTK keyword, and I can recall it pretty much instantly upon seeing 仕 despite not doing anything RTK in almost 2 years. I didn’t add “attend” as a synonym to try and remember “doing” instead by forcing me to type it, but it clearly didn’t work as I constantly had to ignore “attend”.

For now I think I’ll also remember the other meaning “serve”, as there seems to be a bunch of compound words relating to service stuff. Attend/serve are decently close in meaning after all. At some point I’ll start writing down my Burned Kanji, so hopefully I can unconfuse myself a bit then.

2 Likes

Not really prood…

4 Likes

At least you did it within a hundred days?

3 Likes

Now that I’ve proven to myself I can do it, it’s back to my steady pace of 8-10 days for normal levels, and 5-7 for fast levels. Either way I’ll hit 60 by September :grin:

6 Likes

Hmm… turns out typing ‘nope’ when you don’t know the meaning isn’t always going to mark it wrong for you.

10 Likes

Captureadsgdfgsdf
I have cut through around half of my vocab pile now! I slacked off on too many days, but in general my review pile has been most manageable. The vocab reinforcement is (naturally) helping a lot with remembering the kanji. I’m also learning soooo many useful verbs (also, I was not aware that 沢山, 有難う and 居る had associated kanji. Interesting to know!).

Even though there is still a lot to go, I’m excited for when I get back into the swing of new radicals >> new kanji >> new vocab.

頑張ろう!

7 Likes

crazy day!

3 Likes

Wow… i think the last time I saw that was on level 1 or 2…

11 Likes

whoops i spoke too soon
i’ll edit this once i’m done

edit: i’m done.
this’ll make some of y’all wince

5 Likes

when you are eagerly waiting to get a new level. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Come on WK I want reviews

2 Likes

no issue here no sirree

3 Likes

Here we go again… :worried:

6 Likes

If you can’t wait for when your reviews are, maybe get a better grip on your review times with this funky little script from rfindley. :slight_smile:

Thanks man I’ll check that out