Wanikani screenshots 📸

Do you ever just

23 Likes

Well, 貴様 used to be honorific, but it’s sarcastic use as a pejorative won over. My dictionary lists both definitions (but the pejorative one comes first).

I love the fact that the example sentence in my dictionary for the old meaning uses outdated hiragana:

貴様ゆゑに切る

4 Likes

Well I can gladly inform you all that I just finished my LAST lesson on wanikani and my last vocab to learn was 囚人 - prisoner. Sums up the WaniKani experience quite well.

20 Likes

I finally have low enough numbers to do more lessons

after forty days of doing pretty much nothing and one 800 day review session
I regret the past forty days but now is the time to turn over a new leaf or something like that
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6 Likes

there are so many times i just input the literal translation of the two kanji in a whole heap of vocab hahaha

3 Likes

what the heckity heck heck
am I finally actually using SRS properly after 16 levels of WK
am I finally using WK properly after 16 levels of WK

this is a great feeling

5 Likes

Did not expect to learn this either.

8 Likes

The 1st time this is actually happening to me and it pisses me off :frowning:

7 Likes

Level 40 leech-resurrection life.

5 Likes

maybe I should actually pay attention to what I’m typing :thinking:

6 Likes

Do you even kana bro?

4 Likes

Last two levels have been the exact same length. Funny coincidence.

Been going a lot slower in comparison. Levels 19-31 I was consistently getting 8 days 15 hours - 9 days as my level times. Having a job kinda hurts that. Whatever. It doesn’t matter how slow I go, I’m still here.

6 Likes

Watch out turtles, I’ve finally found my blowtorch! :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

:sweat_smile: It seems the error checking is a bit too lenient…

7 Likes

Did my largest review set to date today…

Screenshot_20180826-183958_Firefox

The irony is not lost on me…

9 Likes

Am I the only one???

4 Likes

I can’t even begin to imagine what this is like. Holy moly.

1 Like

Me, when I couldn’t remember the on’yomi “こう” reading for 考古学: “Hmm, guess I need to reconsider that one.”

ku ku ku ku

On what is my slowest level yet, I can see how missing a day or two of WK really screws you over. Unfortunately it can’t be helped, some days life just takes priority over WK and I’m going to suffer for it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

On my list above that one is in the guru pile because I got it wrong the other day; because I couldn’t for the life of me remember こう either. ;_;

1 Like

I overcame my first major WK crisis :muscle:

This was totally not a plot to increase my average level up time and turn all those bars blue because I like blue more than purple!

Ironically, if I include my level 1 time to the calculation those 4 weeks are actually close to my average time

4 Likes