Regarding äŗŒęÆ

Lol. Took me a while to get it though.

3 Likes

Burn reviews are just like this sometimesā€¦

16 Likes

Gboard is messing with me.
Also, it will took a 幓äø­ to 0/0

2 Likes

Iā€™m so glad I have the Double-Check script installed.

@Chopper I know how frustrating doing reviews on mobile devices can be.
When I press the ā€œGoā€ button my phone adds random kana and then presses enter :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You could add it as a synonym :stuck_out_tongue:
I sometimes do that with words I already know in Japanese that are awkward to write in English (such as hanamiā€¦)

only problem is then it shows up on kaniwani, but there are already some default synonyms like that
frowns at heian and touhou

2 Likes

I encountered the infamous Geoduck recently, and I found the perfect image for my notesā€¦

CropperCapture%5B15%5D

8 Likes

I hope this isnā€™t too off topic for this thread, butā€¦

Is that really what the Japanese call him?

My God. Thatā€™s actually what the Japanese call him.

And after a moment of reflectionā€¦
shuwawa5
ć‚·ćƒ„ćƒÆćƒÆ was born.

23 Likes

me too, wk
me too

(context: there was a huge heat wave and I didnā€™t want to do anything productive. Heat wave over. Productivity back to normal-ish.)

Yeah I could do that, but the better and simpler solution would be to take a closer look at what WaniKani wants from me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also is there a difference between the words ā€œstrange incidentā€ and a ā€œweird incidentā€?
Because I donā€™t think there is, but Wanikani only accepts ā€œstrange incidentā€ by default.

And finally, Can someone tell me please how to write in smaller letters ? I've only found out this strange formatting (it looks fancy doesn't it?). :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

In order to use small text, you need to write:

< small >

Before your post and donā€™t forget to do it without space.

I am a fan of small text myself :smile:

3 Likes

testing
testing
testing
intersting !!!

3 Likes

First I forgot to do it without space, then I put the text that I wanted small into the < > and was wondering why it disappeared.

Now I got it though, thanks.
But I canā€™t get it back to normal now.
Only kind of normal, but itā€™s still bigger than before.

Is there some kind of manual for the forum? Iā€™m lost :joy:

3 Likes

Use </small> to end it

3 Likes

testā€¦ testā€¦

yeah it works thank you :blush:

If I think thereā€™s a synonym they donā€™t have, I immediately go to jisho.org in a huff to check if itā€™s legitimate (and then reluctantly cede if itā€™s not there) :smile:

1 Like

Yeah I do that to, but this time jisho isnā€™t that usefull, it just states ā€œaccident, disaster, incident, uprising and emergencyā€ as possible translations, so not the thing Wanikani is saying.

Anyway Iā€™m just going to add it as a synonym, it means the same thing for me if someone says strange or weird.

2 Likes

:thinking: I pity the fooā€™ who comes along?

8 Likes

Oh Mr. T reference

Nice

2 Likes

First burnā€¦

Burnā€¦ burn
Burn to be alive

Feels nice to finally have something inside this boxā€¦

And in the final oneā€¦

6 Likes

Wonderful, well done! Iā€™m expecting my own burns soon wish me luck.
giphy

6 Likes