Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

kairu said... Is there anyway you can revert it back to the old, working, stable form of the application until you find the bug?  So at least we have an operational version of this bad ass application until the new and improved version is stable?
 First post should have a working version.  Look under where to get it.

If you guys want to help me debug this problem, you can add me on Skype: muxch0

Tingyou said...EDIT2: With latest update (and a rebuilt uids), reordering does nothing for me - but the addon shows up on the screen.
:S You were right, there was a bug there. Didn't even notice.  Should be fixed in the latest version.

2.0.4 beta currently isn’t reordering properly. Let it update WKU::id and every time I click re-order it seems to be totally random. Went back to STABLE and it worked just fine, thankfully, as I slacked yesterday and have a huge queue hehe. :slight_smile: LMK if you want anymore info.

Subtractem said... 2.0.4 beta currently isn't reordering properly. Let it update WKU::id and every time I click re-order it seems to be totally random. Went back to STABLE and it worked just fine, thankfully, as I slacked yesterday and have a huge queue hehe. :) LMK if you want anymore info.
 You did change the scales on the sides right?  It should be working fine, I don't understand...

Playing with the scales makes it adjust radical/kanji/vocab order but I’m still only seeing higher level stuff when I have lower level things in the queue no matter what I fiddle with.

Hold on, might just be prioritizing type over level no matter what. Which I guess is ok. Maybe I just didn’t understand what it was doing. I liked the really simple interface and style before…the scale interface is kinda confusing.

Subtractem said... Playing with the scales makes it adjust radical/kanji/vocab order but I'm still only seeing higher level stuff when I have lower level things in the queue no matter what I fiddle with.

Hold on, might just be prioritizing type over level no matter what. Which I guess is ok. Maybe I just didn't understand what it was doing. I liked the really simple interface and style before...the scale interface is kinda confusing.
 I just finished a key for the UI.  Maybe this will help.

how does 9b work exactly? if you’ve enable sorting by level and by type, and you have it set to 9b, how is that different from not sorting it at all?

Thanks, that definitely helps me understand it more. 9b seems like it does nothing yeah. Also 9a isn’t working for me. No matter what setting I have the scale on it wont sort by level.

Edit: hmm, not sure if this matters but when I turned off “type” checkbox and set to 9a it seemed to work.

Subtractem said... Thanks, that definitely helps me understand it more. 9b seems like it does nothing yeah. Also 9a isn't working for me. No matter what setting I have the scale on it wont sort by level.

Edit: hmm, not sure if this matters but when I turned off "type" checkbox and set to 9a it seemed to work.
If 9a is "weighed-down" and type sorting is disabled it should be sorting randomly.  

Click the link to make sure you have the most up to date version, I submitted some minor changes very quickly after I originally changed it to 2.0.4.  I didn't think anyone would get the update so fast but it could be possible that you don't have the most up to date 2.0.4.

ShotgunLagoon said... how does 9b work exactly? if you've enable sorting by level and by type, and you have it set to 9b, how is that different from not sorting it at all?
 It works exactly as stated.  If you have no priority over sorting then it won't sort them at all, it just randomizes the queue.  It may seem pointless, sure, but I wanted the script to be flexible and look semi-symmetrical.

Just to show in text how it is sorting (Type over Level as shown in the key).

Seems to be working ok. Had the latest version but possibly Tampmonkey didn’t do something right when I was updating. Thanks for all the work keeping this thing working.

So is anyone still having the UID update problem?

Pushed BETA 2.0.5:  Improved the method of gathering UID data.  Should now only take a couple of seconds to update the UIDs.

I just loaded 2.0.5
Everything seems to be working except for one thing.  I cannot get it to select for MEANING first.  It will only do READING first.  I tried clicking everywhere, but nothing happens.
Running on chrome if that matters…

kairu said... I just loaded 2.0.5
Everything seems to be working except for one thing.  I cannot get it to select for MEANING first.  It will only do READING first.  I tried clicking everywhere, but nothing happens.
Running on chrome if that matters....
 The only thing I could think of is maybe somehow it is not attaching the mouse event to the element, or you already had the meaning answered.

When you click on it, does it switch at all?

It works fine for me =/

I just want to say thank you so much for this add on. It’s been nearly impossible for me to get back on top of my reviews because there were so many of them but not that I have a way of organizing them, I am starting to see my reviews slowly go down where as before it was just a mass of intimidating crabs that invaded my mind and scared me away each time I thought of WaniKani. 
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU~! 

I think the problem is the way the level numbers are organized…I tried uploading a pic, I hope you can see it.  Level 2 sits right under the MEANING part of the scale so there is nowhere for it to go, which is why it won’t drop down when I click it.

http://imgur.com/P4JiaKj

kairu said... I think the problem is the way the level numbers are organized....I tried uploading a pic, I hope you can see it.  Level 2 sits right under the MEANING part of the scale so there is nowhere for it to go, which is why it won't drop down when I click it.

http://imgur.com/P4JiaKj
 Hmm... That is pretty weird.   I'll do some testing.

It has something to do with your screen resolution.  I'll change the UI a little bit, but it should still be operational.  You don't have to click the word itself, the breakoff point is half way.
http://puu.sh/iIndc/6b5e557884.png

So if you click just right of the middle line it should change.

2.0.6 includes a start-up error catching and logging.
In preparation for the new levels a message will pop up alerting when it has failed to update the UID list.

I updated to 2.0.6…and everything works but the UI is still jacked up for me, as in the scales wont move even though they do work if i click midway like you said.  It looks just the same as in the picture I attached before, but it DOES function.
What screen resolution are you running?

And by the way, I really appreciate you making fixes and changes at such a rapid pace.  You’re a champion and the hard work has not gone unnoticed!

Update:

Apparently I spoke to quick.  Even if I select for MEANING first, after about the first 10 reviews it reverts back to READING first.  I have to keep selecting it, but since the scale doesn’t ever move I wonder if that is stopping it from keeping that selection?

kairu said... I updated to 2.0.6...and everything works but the UI is still jacked up for me, as in the scales wont move even though they do work if i click midway like you said.  It looks just the same as in the picture I attached before, but it DOES function.
What screen resolution are you running?

And by the way, I really appreciate you making fixes and changes at such a rapid pace.  You're a champion and the hard work has not gone unnoticed!
Yeah, I decided to delay the changes to the UI,  I'm not great at HTML either so it takes me a while to get everything together.  Good thing is I can update the UI remotely without haven't to update the script itself.
I'm running 1920x1080 resolution.

Something you could try for now is zooming out to change the options, I know that may seem like a hassle, but unless you're using this to cheat the system, you should only have to change it once :P.

kairu said...Update:

Apparently I spoke to quick.  Even if I select for MEANING first, after about the first 10 reviews it reverts back to READING first.  I have to keep selecting it, but since the scale doesn't ever move I wonder if that is stopping it from keeping that selection?
 Now that does sound strange.  It should never revert by itself.

Edit:
If the scale isn't moving then it isn't changing the setting.  I'm slightly confused.  If you're clicking it and the scale stays in the middle then it is just randomizing the question type.

I cleared  a couple of levels and even zoomed out as you suggested.  There is nothing under the scale right now, and everything seems to be working properly.  I will say that the meaning side of the scale still seems really hard to engage…i found if i click well below the scale it works but maybe its just my computer?  Every other part responds when I click it, so take that for what its worth.

Maybe the problem arises when there are too many levels and it interferes with the positioning of the scale?  If that is the case, perhaps a drop-box option for level selection would work better and maybe even clean up the UI a bit?  IDK jack shit about this stuff so these are just one guys opinion.

So far though, it’s working.