Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

It looks like this, now i’m using the version of the script above my post.

You’ll have to wait until you have more reviews, then it should appear below the answer box.

ow okay, thanks for your explanation. it’s worked now.
what’s the best suggestion to use it?

The scale on the left lets you prioritize Reading or Meaning (or neither), the scale on the right prioritizes Level or Type (or neither). 1x1 checkbox puts the Reading and Meaning back-to-back (ordered according to the left scale).

The settings you use depend on what you want to accomplish. For myself (before I finished Wanikani), I used 1x1 mode with Reading first, because I found it helped me to think in Japanese sooner (I’ve explained my reasoning and experiences elsewhere in the forums), and doing them back-to-back was simply faster and less error-prone. (There are arguments against doing them back-to-back, so you might want to read about that. I personally feel like it worked a lot better for me, and I have my own basis for rejecting the arguments against back-to-back. The main thing is to try different things and see what works best for you).

For lessons, I prioritized Type to get my Radicals done first so I could level up quickly and spread my kanji out over a few days, then finish up the kanji at the halfway point of the level and spread my vocab over a few days. The spreading helps distribute your level’s workload over the whole level-up period so you don’t get level-dump syndrome (getting discouraged when you suddenly have a large pile of work to catch up on after leveling up). Of course, you don’t have to go fast. It’s not for everyone. For myself, I had a goal I really wanted to meet, so I set a hard pace.

1 Like

okay, thanks a lot for your info and great explanation.
Best regards .

I love having the meaning and reading paired together, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to make this script (or some other script) put the item back into the queue if you get it wrong.

The way it works now, if I get the reading or meaning wrong it immediately asks me again and of course I answer correctly. But I’d really like to be quizzed on it again later in the review before dismissing it. This would be closer to the original WK functionality and similar to Anki.

2 Likes

Do you have a link ? I’m interested in this topic, because I have activated the 1x1 mode recently (and it’s really helpful!) but I didn’t pay any thought about meaning or reading first and randomly chose meaning first.

Hmm… I guess [here] and [here].

Very interesting information about sequence learning and forcing verbal unit of the brain by doing the reading first. I will give it a try ! Thanks !

Edit : Oh boy. I did a few review with reading first now, and my accuracy dropped quite a bit. Which is good I think ! It show that I got the bad habit of triggering the reading only after meaning come to mind, so it’s probably good to try to break this dependency from now on.

How would I only make changes such that vocab lessons come first and nothing else is affected? I don’t care about reviews, just lessons.
Can I just drag the purple box to be first and thats it?

I’m also thinking about forcing readings in reviews by clicking the image on the left.

To do just vocab first, you have to tip the right scale toward type (タイプ). Then delete the pink Kanji and blue Radical boxes (I think by right-clicking on them), so Vocab will be first, and the kanji and radicals will be random after that. You may or may not have to click Force Reorder to make the changes take effect.

I’m pretty sure Lessons and Reviews each keep their own settings, so the Reviews won’t be affected.

1 Like

This script used to work great with Greasemonkey (firefox), but now I’m getting a jQuery error.

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
Stack trace:
userScript@user-script:https%3A//www.wanikani.com/Wanikani%20Reorder%20Ultimate%202:496:2
scopeWrapper@user-script:https%3A//www.wanikani.com/Wanikani%20Reorder%20Ultimate%202:1140:9
@user-script:https%3A//www.wanikani.com/Wanikani%20Reorder%20Ultimate%202:487:17

Any idea what’s happening here? D:
I’m going to switch to chrome for reviews for now, but I prefer firefox so if there’s an easy fix I’d love to hear it!

This looks like the same error thrown in Firefox when GreaseMonkey broke back in November.
Try switching to TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey, and you might be able to continue using Firefox.

1 Like

Thank you, TamperMonkey for Firefox works!
I have no idea why, but I always thought TamperMonkey was a Chrome-only extension which is why I relied on GreaseMonkey… Glad to have that cleared up!

OMG, thank you so much for this awesome script!
My goal is to level up every week and with your help this gets possible :slight_smile:

~T

Is it possible to sort by srs level so my apprentice items appear before my enlightened?

When I have so many reviews that I can’t do them all in one session, leaving a month old review to the next day seems better than leaving a 4 hour old review to the next day…

I don’t believe you can, but you can sort by level and type, which should be close enough I’d think. Reverse the level order and you’re good.

1 Like

Hi all, having torn all my hair out trying to get this script to work, I now seek your assistance.

I gather that the script broke a while ago due to WK database changes, but that this could be fixed by installing rfindley’s v2.1.1, and/or by using ViolentMonkey on Firefox (instead of the Chrome/Tampermonkey combination I was using). However, I can’t get either option to work, hence this post.

When I start a new lesson on Firefox, the script doesn’t show up at all. It’s installed, but doesn’t get activated on the lessons page.

The script is installed on Chrome. When I start a new lesson, the script activates but doesn’t seem to have done any re-ordering. When I click “Force Reorder” I get a seemingly-random mix of radicals, kanji and vocab; not the radicals-then-kanji-then-vocab that would make WK (more) usable.

(Also, for some reason it shows version 1.1, even though I have uninstalled it and re-installed it twice now. Is that just a quirk of the version numbering?)

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,
Roger

Can you see any error messages in the console? (In Firefox that should be Tools > Web Developer > Web Console, I believe)

Thanks for the quick reply! I see this:

Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business5/brotli_asset/ember_jquery-27e777857b8c0730dacfe09cb11711365d21a5db4f9ee0b85d494e4259cf6cda.js
Source Map URL: /assets/ember_jquery-27e777857b8c0730dacfe09cb11711365d21a5db4f9ee0b85d494e4259cf6cda.js.map[Learn More]