Wanikani overhaul + OCD = reset to level one

Then I definitely have OCD

2 Likes

Nope. Since Iā€™m on track to almost finish N2 Kanji before July 2019 in case I fail the JLPT last Sunday.

When I logged in this morning it looks like you can now just re-add the radicals that have changed name to your lesson queueā€¦ so no need to reset everything. :slight_smile:

hmm i had selected none for relearn, but some popped up anyway. what this was about, i have no clue. even some kanji from the past.

I think some items changed which level they are on, and once you learn them they will be set to the correct SRS stage, according to what Iā€™ve read today anyway

1 Like

all right. wasnā€™t much anyway, just odd :slight_smile:
only the fact i now have 1 radical more and need 3 days longer for my level made me cry a little. itā€™s gonna be close if i want to reach my goal (30 by new yearā€™s).

ah well. collateral damage.

Same, four radical of my level changes, and I already filled the application form for relearning radicals. 2 days longer for me. :cry:

1 Like

What should I doā€¦ I got so far already ;A;

Christmas spirit, everyone reset!

1 Like

I have several things that motivated me to do a complete reset:

I was bogged down by reviews.
I messed up (in my opinion) by levelling up faster for several levels by ignoring vocabulary. I wonā€™t do that again.
I messed with the SRS (in my opinion) by using a leech trainer for a couple of months. I wonā€™t do that again either.
I still couldnā€™t read anything in the way of stories as I did not know the grammar rules/particles that go with the vocabulary. I am using this reprieve to learn grammar on Bunpro. I have enough vocabulary under my belt that this is now much easier.
I donā€™t want to be able to access the old radicals, mnemonics, at all. This removes the temptation.
Iā€™m a lifer on both Wanikani and Bunpro so there is no pressure with regards to time.

Iā€™m with you. Previous level 14 but had such a difficult semester I totally neglected the teachings of our fabled Crabigator. Back on the Crab-wagon though!

1 Like

Yep, reset. But because Iā€™m OCD and completionist, I reset to level two so I could get both old and new mnemonics.

2 Likes

I also had to reset as I suddenly felt like I didnā€™t know anything anymore (and life just got away from me during the same time periodā€¦) I made it to level 20 before resetting and Iā€™m confident I can make it back and further this time! Plus I had the new user check list and needed to say hi in the forums soā€¦ hello!

2 Likes

Iā€™m resetting in small increments but I think Iā€™ll have to reset back to 1, Iā€™m just not sure whatā€™s a good level to reset to? maybe level 4? is level 1 going to far?

I see so many brave souls here resetting to level 1 from level 20+, I donā€™t know how you guys do it!

I would argue that resetting to 1 is easier than reaching level 60. And when you have lifetime subscription you also donā€™t have to worry about paying more.

2 Likes

But if you are constantly resetting that will kill any motivation reallyā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.