This app is not maintained by me any more. Please consider switching to WaniKani for Android
Hi all, here is an app that tailors WaniKani to Android devices. Most features come from suggestions of this community, so I believe it's useful for many of you who want to use WaniKani using their mobile phone or tablet.
This software is Open Source, and hosted by GitHub:
- Notify when new reviews (and optionally lessons) become available. A threshold may be set, and can be made persistent.
- SRS distribution plots, showing how the number of items at each level changes day by day
- Japanese font used when reviewing can be customized, and does not require rooting the device
- Reviews timeline
- Joyo, JLPT progress, and SRS by level
- Dashboard showing level progression and study queue
- Item browser: all items, filtering by level, by SRS, by critical items, by recent unlock, available date, search dialog
- Integrated reviews and lessons, with integrated IME
- Integrated with @ruipgpinheiro's WaniKani Override script, WaniKani KunOn and Mistake Delay
- Integrated @Seiji's WaniKani improve script
- Integrated @Alucardeck's WaniKani Review Order script and WaniKani Lesson Order script
- Integrated @jeshuamorrissey's external definition frame placer and Part-Of-Speech script
- Charts to show learning progress
- Optionally keep screen awake during lessons and reviews
- Optimized for small size screens, but also alternative layout for large screens. If you own a tablet (or even if you don't) make sure to try also 鰐蟹Droid (/t/鰐蟹Droid-WaniKani-for-Android/2312/1) and choose the one you like best!
- Font scale
- Disable suggestions
- Option to move vocab first in a batch of lesson
- Fixed few device-specific bugs
If the device supports Japanese Locale, the app can show Japanese fonts while reviewing (check the corresponding menu item). If for some reason it does not work, or you want to use a different font, check also:
- If you own a 4.1+ device, you can try @Ascend's application.
- Otherwise, here is a link that describes how to set them manually (big thanks to @scrent for sharing it)
The item browser always shows Japanese Kanji if the font file is on the device (which is not always true).