Wanikani memes

Insanity Wolf here with some helpful study skills:

All made with Imgflip

22 Likes

45 Likes

Let’s just say that for this one I took the request…

‘All we ask is you come back and do your Lessons and Reviews when they are available’

…from the ‘Why do I have to wait’ e-mail by Wanikani a bit too seriously – who needs sleep, anyway? :upside_down_face:

33 Likes

I don’t know if this has been done before but…

I am not technologically advanced, and scripts baffle me lol.

29 Likes

I don’t know what level of proficiency you have so I’ll try and break this down as best I can:

Scripts are just bits of code people have written which run when you load a page. The way that’s done is through a userscript extension. This is a browser extension (like tampermonkey) which keeps track of all your scripts and makes sure to check when you load a page, whether there are any scripts that should be run.

All you need to use them is first install a userscript extension on your browser, and then find a script you want to use on here, open the install link, and that takes you to a page where you can download/install the script.

You may need to install Wanikani Open Framework (WKOF) to use a lot of scripts since a lot of script makers like to rely on it. And you may have to put in your API key (this is how Wanikani knows whose data your script wants when a script wants info from Wanikani). Instructions for that should be on the WKOF thread.

In my experience scripts have been invaluable, I couldn’t imagine living without them.

8 Likes

Thank you so much for this amazing and highly detailed response to my meme! I guess I’ll be figuring out which scripts I want to use lol. Btw, thank you for explaining everything in a way that didn’t make me feel stupid.

5 Likes

There is another alternative to scripts – 3rd party apps. So far I have only seen mobile apps, but I am not sure if any allow additional plugins / extensions. Usually enough essential features are built-in, at the very least.

Desktop will probably need a mobile emulator for now; but hopefully someone will make one before all scripts stop working (in Chrome-based browsers and probably subsequently Firefox-based).

2 Likes

this one got me good lmao

this thread is gold

3 Likes

10 Likes

I am already crying when it happens lot me at enlightened, dont know what I will do at burnt.

1 Like

Even better if you are unemployed!

1 Like

@tododoki :durtle_tomato:

Do scripts work on mobile devices?

2 Likes

Unfortunately to my knowledge there’s no way to run them on mobile devices since you can’t run extensions

1 Like

I don’t know specially about Wanikani app, but I can use script on Wanikani Community with Kiwi Browser for Android, and ViolentMonkey. Perhaps TamperMonkey would be more standard.

Some people might have success using Firefox on mobile + extension???

Nonetheless, the next problem would be small screen size, and then, touchscreen support.

1 Like

11 Likes

The presence of Patrick is a surefire way to elicit a smile :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Hawks :slight_smile:

Do you think one day we will have the entire main cast of Boku No Hero Academia on Wanikani? That would be cool.

2 Likes

Repost from the bunny appreciation thread. Thank you for suggesting this,@saibaneko!

27 Likes

Cue Monty Python:

This is Mr. Bunny. He cannot be seen. Mr. Bunny, would you please stand up?

3 Likes