Wanikani memes

Since it has the は particle at the end, I interpret it as something along the lines of “let’s talk about today”, which is kind of beautiful.

Also, instead of “thank you”, you say “this is a difficult thing to accept”.

10 Likes

Buddhist tradition making its way into everyday language does funny things.

Done eating? “Wow that was a lot of work!”

Done working? “You are super tired!”

13 Likes

邪魔 - demon who hinders Buddhist training. How cool is that?
“get out of my way!” - 邪魔するな!

8 Likes

Whoa, is that where おじゃまします comes from?

:exploding_head:

What a way to excuse yourself for entering someone’s home. “Hey yo, I’mma be a li’l gremlin for a bit, cool?”

11 Likes

I have 今朝 mentally associated with breakfast (けさ)quesadillas, which is probably the only reason why I can keep the reading straight in my head

I think I might like food too much

16 Likes

域 after i learn 城

tenor (2)

16 Likes

when i’m guessing between those two i’m looking for the 口 radical, seeing it as a small “range” / “region” within the kanji.

6 Likes

They arent as bad as 未 末 but when right in front of me on a review i always forget the difference

8 Likes

You also have 師 帥 to look forward to (the commander is in the すいng but the teacher is grounded).

4 Likes

CircularColossalBlackfootedferret-small
baby jesus save me

6 Likes

hm, i never confused them anymore with seeing 未 as an incomplete version of 末 (the upper horizontal line), so it being “not yet the end”. those tricks don’t always work but here it just kinda ‘clicked’ for me.

師 has the city radical in it, where it derives the reading from i guess.
almost <.<’

4 Likes

For 未 and 末 I use 2 words I’ve already learned:

• 未来
  • 週末

But I just failed 氷, thinking it’s 水, so… ^^"

23 Likes

I go through periods where i have it down easily then i forget again =( i have been slacking on reviews so that is partially why

3 Likes

56 Likes

I don’t know about that…it might take some time

1 Like

You know you’re nailing it when…

23 Likes

just think about Kylo Ren from star wars. That helped me a lot. I watched only 7 episode so I dont know for sure but I saw some hmmm… content about him and Rey… soooo… well, you know some SFM NSFW stuff ahhaha. And, aprently, that helped me with remembering this kanji :+1:

1 Like

oh and actually this “mnemonic” is good for telling the difference betwen 愛 and 恋
愛 is something pure, like betwen parent and a child, while 恋 is kinda more like some horny stuff betwen a man and a woman

3 Likes

But, you know, in a way… I’m right, no?

38 Likes

You created a paradox!

6 Likes