Wanikani memes

WaniKani doesn’t even bother to research the etymology of 交番 or the transitivity of 続く/続ける. Why would they do anything so useful as help us tell extremely similar vocabulary items apart?

Though, I struggle to distinguish 日本 from 本日 at the best of times, so perhaps I’m not one to talk. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

(this says これは平気, which means this is fine)

64 Likes

Just happened to me, with like 10 items

1 Like

Actually I think they did update 交番 recently to include etymology. I restarted after level 10 so I saw that it had been changed to include information about the word’s origins.

But yes, in general I know how you feel. There is a lot of focus on silly mnemonics and not enough emphasis on how different kana change the meaning of words. If I could change one thing, that would be it.

5 Likes

Because of Sajang93’s meme, I was just alerted to existence of KaniWani at Level 11. At least I wasn’t at 60 but oh my god did I still fuck myself over, lol. I don’t know how to do anything but read!!!

oh boy this meme saved my life lol
484qxx

19 Likes

doing both WK and KW at once can become very tough though.

(I’d rather do WK and Bunpro (grammar) at the same time, and right now i can only manage WK.
but wrong thread i guess)

15 Likes

Oh! Glad I could help! :o Good thing you didn’t get any further. lol

1 Like

Oh, it’s like magic.

2 Likes

Don’t forget your daily dose of durtles

24 Likes

And you should also use Japanese keyboard on kaniwani so not only will you recall readings but kanjis as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Imma need the sauce for this pic, cause uh, all I can think abt is an anime adaption of Terminator.
(pls tell me I’m right. Pls make my dreams come tru)

2 Likes

Looks to me like it’s just an illustration

3 Likes

you’re tearing my dreams APART Kumirei :sob: :sneezing_face:

12 Likes

I have to agree with @sadgravy ! Even though I didn’t dare saying it out loud, I shared the same dream as them. My heart skipped a beat when they commented their question - hope flared up inside me. Not believing what happiness could greet me with the next reply to be posted in this thread I watched it closely for half an hour. And then it eventually happened. This short period of anticipation - oh, how do I miss it, now, that it is over. You came along, untactfully throwing the bitter truth toward me. Like the night it came suddenly, but mercilessly upon me and extinguished even the last spark within my soul. :sob::wink: I’ll admit, I was a bit bored

4 Likes

It took me too long to realize sauce was a typo of source, and I was just like, “What? Sauce? Chipotle mayo?”

6 Likes

It’s not a typo, just internet slang

25 Likes

you’re tearing my dreams APART Kumirei :sob: :sneezing_face:

25 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Lol, I can see an endless loop unfolding before me. I think your posting luck for today has run out, Kumirei. For real. I’m laughing so hard right now. Damn, that’s ironic.

4 Likes

The sauce. No ketchup. Just sauce. Raw sauce.

12 Likes

7 Likes