WaniKani Is Working

I changed my iPad language to Japanese to help me practice and when I turned it on, I could actually read the date and the vocabulary for “input” when it told me to input my password. It’s so exciting for me when I see the stuff I learn on here in real life. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Good for you! I’m not that brave, the most I’ve done is put my Siri in Japanese. Lol

1 Like

I really want to change my whole laptop language to Japanese but I’m too scared I might do something drastic o.O

2 Likes

Yeah I’m kind of scared that I’ll just tap a random button and accidentally clear all my stuff or something because I can’t read like 96.5% of the Japanese writing on my iPad

2 Likes

both my computer and my phone are in japanese. It’s ok because everything still is where it is, and it’s cool when you suddenly learn a kanji you’ve been staring at for awhile (im looking at you 履歴). Just a huge pain in the ass when I open a new app and it gives me all these instructions in japanese or when I try to use excel

1 Like

Ooo. Are the function names different in Japanese?

function names are actually the same, but it’s hard to find/change elements for my graphs and charts, and those kinds of things

1 Like

actually the other day it took me forever to find (find and replace) in microsoft word :disappointed:

Ctrl-H.

Or, Cmd-H on a Mac, I guess.

I love your background picture, where can I get it?

1 Like

I’ve had all my phone contacts in Japanese for over a year, its like reading my ABC’s now :stuck_out_tongue:

I could also read and understand most food menus in Japan and nearly fully understand all the train station/bus station information (names of places in hiragana/katakana) while my friends struggled with Google translate lol.

Hearing ”次は、次はシブヤです” and understanding it made me happier than it should have.

It really does work!

2 Likes

As an added bonus, there’s nothing quite like spending two weeks on trains hearing 出口は右側で to finally help you distinguish your 右 from your 左. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or hearing/reading 下さい literally a million times, oh my god do they use that a lot. Please this, please that.

Though I love how they have お待ちください written on every pedestrian crossing button :smiley:

2 Likes

My god, at every station announcement I racked my brain over the first word, and seeing it written I realized it’s just 出口 with an honorific お before it.

3 Likes

Oh, thank you! I actually just searched up “best backgrounds” lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.