WaniKani Extra Study Burned Items

Help, I’m scared :joy:

19 Likes

I did some and then walked away from it for a few minutes as it was starting to get mind numbing so it timed out and now says 457 of 613 Burned Items Left instead of 613 Burned Items. I do like that, but I still wish for the options to choose which levels and how many levels at a time.

Yeah if I saw 8997 I would be too scared to touch it too.

4 Likes

Ah, just like the other extra study categories, that’s definitely needed.

Imagine if you had to go through every item to get them all.

This is pretty scary.

We’re slowly releasing Burned Items in Extra Study for groups of users at a time. As of this week, it’s available for level 10 and below, and we’ll increase it to higher levels week by week-ish.

I’ll pass on your feedback about the numbers :+1:

9 Likes

S-sensei :flushed:

1 Like

I don’t see an option to review burned items in my Extra Study section, just the usual Recent Lessons and Recent Mistakes. How do I get to this option?

You can find it on https://preview.wanikani.com/ because I think they’re still testing it.
I’m personally waiting until they move it to the official server before looking at it.

I’m also equal parts tempted and terrified. It would be good to know what the logic is behind the 457/613 burned items left. Is that stuff already extra-studied in the last 24 hours? last week? Until all are passed?

1 Like

I did do some and have 457 left out of 613 then decided to do the rest of them just to see what happens. When I did all of them then it resets back to 613 burned items.

1 Like

Does this act like a new queue? Like, I have “1671 of 1675 Burned Items Left” after trying it out and doing 4 (or maybe 5 and getting 1 wrong, I think).

Does this mean if/when I get down to 0 of N burned items left then I won’t be able to use this feature anymore (until I burn more items)? Or do ‘extra studied’ burned items eventually get restored back into the queue? If so, how long does it take for them to get put back in? Is it that you have to get all the way to 0 before the whole queue gets refreshed back to N? If I get an extra-review wrong, does that item get re-queued at the end of the queue, or does it get shuffled into the queue randomly?

No once you do them all it resets back to 1675.

If I get a burned item wrong it just gives me another change to do it and then I get it right and move on.

Thanks Coding Fox. And it’s now appeared on my regular dashboard - thanks administrators! Alas, I have 1799 burned items to review… I guess I got what I wished for :grimacing:

Thank you for the new Extra Study features! Much appreciated.

I would like to be able to set the batch size when there’s a large number of items in the queue so it’s not so overwhelming. It’s not obvious to me how to exit from an Extra Study session once started.

(Since this thread is in Feedback, does that mean we don’t have to say @mods?)

There is a home button in the top left of the page.

If you are okay with using scripts, you can use this one:

Or you can use Reorder Omega which, aside from reordering, also allows you to limit the session length.

3 Likes

Thanks for this!

I have now installed the WaniKani Review Queue Limiter script.

For some reason the script didn’t seem to work the first couple of times I tried it (the number in the box turned red and didn’t register the new number when I tried to enter it), but after a couple of tries it started working as expected. Not sure what I was doing wrong before.

The home button at the top left of the page also works, but I find it an uncomfortable way to end the session.

1 Like

This happens if the input contains other characters than 0-9 – maybe you had accidentally entered a space.

1 Like

There’s no need to tag us since this is a feedback thread, but there’s also no harm in doing so, either :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would also like to see added to the Extra Study right below burned items there should be a Recent Mistakes Burned Items. So if someone is let’s say just doing 50 of the 1000 they need to go through, but they got 2 of the 50 burned items wrong then it would be placed in the Recent Mistakes Burned Items category for even more practice.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.