WaniKani Explorer Update

hi ZenBrayn I’m getting a disconnect reload error when trying to use the tool. I use notes a bit but nothing crazy like html formatting or anything -but, based on the comments above, I’m guessing that might be it, any ideas on how I can best troubleshoot this? can you see any clues for me on your side? thanks! Dwane

Hey, same here. I can’t load my stats cause I’m getting “disconnected from server” every time I type in my api key and press “load”. Tested on Win and Android, with and without VPN. My location is JP at the moment, jcom provider, so that should not be a problem. Any ideas? I wanted to download all my personal notes (kanji/vocab notes) cause my subscription is running out tomorrow. So every help would be highly appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Hi ZenBrayn, I’ve been using the Explorer for a very long time (love it!!!) but lately I cannot access my data anymore. It says “Disconnected from the server. Reload.” I would be grateful for any advice on how to use it again. Amelu

Hi Amelu,

Very sorry for the error you’re experiencing! My guess is that there might be some unexpected data that’s causing problems in the application. I am able to load my data… but I’m just a lowly level 3 and don’t have nearly as much data as you.

Question: do you use the notes feature for your items? There might be a bug somewhere in the app that has problems with the notes sometimes.

Final thought: the V1 API will be discontinued very soon, which means I need to update the app to the V2 API. I’m hoping to do that relatively soon, and will likely to an app re-write to make it more reliable.

Thanks for using the app and I’ll post an update here on any app updates.

–ZenBrayn

6 Likes

Hi ZenBrayn, Thank you for your quick reply!!! And thank you for creating such a great tool. I have been using the Explorer for almost my entire Wanikani-Journey!

Yes, I have been using the notes a lot, mainly the reading notes.

I am looking forward for the update. :grin:

Thank you!!! :tulip:

FYI - tried it and ran into same issue :o here’s my console log

Navigated to https://wanikaniexplorer.com/
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:25 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [INF]: Connection opened. https://wanikaniexplorer.com/
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:25 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: Open channel 0
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:27 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: 2 message(s) discarded from buffer
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:32 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: 2 message(s) discarded from buffer
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 The application unexpectedly exited.

Diagnostic information is private. Please ask your system admin for permission if you need to check the R logs.
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:35 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [INF]: Connection closed. Info: {"type":"close","code":4503,"reason":"The application unexpectedly exited","wasClean":true}
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:35 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: SockJS connection closed
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:35 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: Channel 0 is closed
shiny-server-client.min.js:1 Tue Jun 23 2020 09:25:35 GMT+0900 (Japan Standard Time) [DBG]: Removed channel 0, 0 left

+websocket network log

1 Like

Hello, just wanted to say thank you so much for making this website, really helped me with collecting all of the vocab I’ve done since I’ve started WaniKani.

I know that you may be extremely busy, but I do wish to know if there are any updates on getting it to work with APIv2.

Again, thank you very much!

3 Likes

@ZenBrayn Loved the original site. Came here to see if there’s an update that uses v2 that I might not be aware of?

Thanks!

3 Likes