WaniKani Custom SRS - WIP

Ok, I think it’s one of the 1340934 other scripts I installed, as it seems to work now with only the custom SRS script enabled. I’ll try to find out which one the script is that causes this behavior.

Also, the custom items seem to be (almost) always the first ones now, especially the radical.

2 Likes

Totally valid point of view, but I like the WK system, am used to the website, and have a couple of weeks of holiday in which I can dedicate some time to it :person_shrugging: There’s already lots of other non-WK SRS systems like Anki, which I’ve tried but just haven’t found as useful as how WK does it. And my hope is that it won’t break too much once I’ve got it working nicely, I’m trying as much as possible to make it immune to WK changes unless they’re really big changes!

6 Likes

If I open the custom SRS settings while doing my reviews, it displays this:

I think it would be prettier if the boxes were spaced like the ones on the dashboard :thinking:

Regarding the bug:

It seems like all of the scripts occasionally cause the bug to happen. Since I have a lot of scripts, this is probably the reason why I have it almost all the time. Here are all the scripts that are active on my review screen:

1 Like

I’ve tried Anki a few times, but dropped it pretty quickly again because it’s such a pain to set it up properly :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah fair enough, I deleted my comment because I didn’t think it was very constructive. I definitely respect the effort that goes into this, even if that’s a pretty crazy project!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is really amazing, which is why I’m trying to help as much as I can :slight_smile: This is one of the best scripts since the double-check script!

1 Like

Hmm, I’m going to roll back the specific change which I assume is causing this for now then, as it doesn’t really provide any benefits over the old method I used. Hopefully it’ll go back to working!

Yep, I’m actually considering removing the menu from the review sessions as I feel like it’s not very useful having it there and the styling is a bit messy due to WK having different styling than on the dashboard :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok then! It got the colors of the custom review items working, so I think it is some progress! But, I have to admit, the ghost reviews are very annoying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Btw, I just noticed something:

I think the custom SRS script is stealing that plus from the Levels tab, as I have the Enhanced levels overview script installed, and with that, the levels tab would usually have a plus, but since it doesn’t… :laughing:

1 Like

That’s unfortunately only something @razorcat could fix, as that script (understandably) currently doesn’t handle situations in which there’s extra tabs before the Levels one. You can fix it by changing line 369 of the script to this:

document.querySelectorAll('.navigation > .sitemap > li:has(.sitemap__expandable-chunk--levels) > .sitemap__section-header > span').forEach((levelSpan) => levelSpan.append('+'));
1 Like

Yeah, that works, thanks a lot!

Also, discourse doesn’t like it that I’m posting here so much lol

2 Likes

Pushed 0.2.8 that should go back to how it was working before, but still keeping the fix for the colours etc. It also now shows the amount of time until the next review is due for each item (at some point I’ll improve it by also showing the upcoming reviews on the review forecast section of the dashboard). Would be great to know if it fixes the issues when you get a chance!
If it does go back to working as it did before then it’s now time for me to slow down on all the updates and get some of the bigger stuff implemented - namely reviews when you don’t have any WK ones and item relations (i.e. adding kanji a vocab is made up of, radicals in a kanji, etc.)!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll test it tomorrow, as my reviews are currently at 0, and I won’t get any new ones before going to bed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. The “fake” reviews would get picked up by the Heatmap, but it wouldn’t be able to display any info because it gets the item data from WKOF. I can make sure it doesn’t error out, at least. If you end up adding your items to WKOF I could display them in the Heatmap

2 Likes

I can confirm that as of right now there is no way to visit the reviews page /subjects/review when you have no reviews available.

3 Likes

Hey Scott, I assume same goes for lessons? There was a brief period, when you could just put a bunch of dash separated lessons in the url and it would just show that lessons page, but as I see now, there’s a custom session id in there?

1 Like

Yes that is correct. The id was necessary as there is a limit on the length or a URL and using url parameters could exceed this limit.

4 Likes

Looks like the update was a complete success :+1:

The first item is now always a custom one; it currently looks like this: when the site loads, a WK item appears first, then, it fades out, and then the custom one fades in, and with the correct color! And there are no ghost reviews anymore now!

The time until the next review is also being displayed correctly.

3 Likes

Hmm, the WK item shouldn’t be visible at all :thinking: I’ll try and fix that for the next update, which will likely be later tonight or tomorrow as I’m now in the annoying process of working out a way to get the review button to work without any WK reviews…

3 Likes

The script sounds super useful, something to look forward to for when I reach level 60 one day and want to learn the last few kanjis not on WK.

Will there be other formats than json that can be imported in the custom SRS? I’m mostly thinking of anki apkg, since I found this resource that compiles the remaining kanjis for N1.

3 Likes