WaniKani Content Overhaul

No, I’m on my radicals at the moment, they are on Apprentice 2 or 3.
I’m hoping it is used in few enough kanji so I can still get the level up without it =P

Edit:
I checked all kanji it is used in. They are already learned or future levels, I’m safe! <3
2 of them are in this level, but in the reviews (learned). It is new, but was part of older ones so only used in the kanji ready at level up =)

They’re being added to everyone’s lesson queues right now! It just takes a while because it has to apply them to every single person who should have them.

4 Likes

Interesting side effect xD (My burn wave is at level 32 right now)

earlyburn

It looks like the icicle radical is used in 2/31 kanji in your level, so you should be fine and level up normally still.

3 Likes

Looks like some Kanji were added/moved too? I now have 宝 in my lesson queue, which is level 4 apparently.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just typing it out! =D
That, and they are learned! The radical that was used where icicle now is was an older one so I had those two Kanjis in the first batch, which I learned earlier today! Phew! Safe! =D (well, would have made the level up anyway as long as I didn’t mess up)

2 Likes

Some of these are fascinating. Why the change from sunrise to dawn? :thinking:

4 Likes

Seems like it. Level 58 has 34 kanji and 59 has 36 where before they both had 35 I believe.

The kanji for that radical is dawn, so it’s simpler to call the radical that as well, I presume.

1 Like

I see some of my current level radicals are in the “urgent” one though. Should I wait till after they are Gurue’d before learning the new version? Will it mess up their progress?

1 Like

Aah, I see. Haven’t reached that kanji yet so didn’t realise. Makes sense.

2 Likes

It’s a level 55 kanji, so I only recently learned it as well. xD

1 Like

Bit of a nitpick but it looks like after activating the old mnemonics, these are now default again, and i have to click a button to see the new ones. I think the other way round would be better, I only want to see the old mnemonics as a backup if I don’t like the new ones.

9 Likes

I reset everything, because why not?

3 Likes

Makes me kinda sad - I loved the silly radicals like tie fighter, and sauron and the crazy stories that came with them. But again, progress, progress, I am sure this will be better in the long run if you thought so. Just don’t get rid of the funny/crazy/shocking mnemonics, half the reason I am loving this place is because sometimes I roll down the chair laughing at them :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

For how long will the option to learn the new meanings be available?
I cannot decide yet if I am going to relearn something since I am already comfortable with the old meanings and I would not like to rush to any decisions.

18 :rofl:

Hm, to be safe I think I’ll wait till all my second batch kanji are learned before touching any of them =P
If they go back to lesson/apprentice 1, and are needed in the kanji’s coming up, I’ll be pushed back.
But if the kanji is learned it doesn’t mater! Worst thing that can happen is that some of the “kanji ready at level up” isn’t available till a bit later, but still earlier than the second batch =)

2 Likes

You have 2 years, so take your time.

7 Likes

If you’re concerned about leveling as fast as possible, I’d just wait until you unlock your kanji.

1 Like

Is there no way to view the old reading mnemonics?

1 Like