WaniKani Content Additions: Ongoing from April 29, 2021

What core mechanic? Wanikani is a kanji learning tool and nothing else. The one stop solution they have planned would be eto eto which have been unfinished for along time. If you want to learn grammar choose something from the resource threads.

Read what I wrote.

You were speaking about the context sentences. And speaking about breaking down them. Sounds defentivly that you trying to use them to learn grammar. Which the application is not made for. Even the vocab is only there for teaching kanji readings.

Wanikani is a kanji learning tool and nothing else. Who told you this?

I know from first hand experience it’s more then that. if all you want to use it for is Kanji that’s your preference not a fact. What you just said is what people regurgitate when they want to make excuses for Wanikani. If you actually thought about it you would see it’s much more then that. I’m being blunt with you, because you came with an illogical response that severe little purpose other then to derail the important points I made. and in turn may cause them to be dismissed and in turn not implemented. which would negatively impact peoples learning. That is why I’m being blunt with you, because what your doing causes harm to other learners. if you think that’s rude… well I say to you, negatively impacting 1000’s of learners ability to learn because it’s not your preference is far worse.

1 Like

The way I understood Saruou, he wants sentences that enable us users to see how to use the word (these sentences are on vocabulary cards, not kanji cards), and making the sentences overly complicated might be entertaining, but doesn’t help in understanding the meaning and usage of the vocabulary word.

I agree with that.

7 Likes

Yes more 6000 words several of them old fashioned and no kana only word. Are you trying to also in a year as that page claims. In eto eto they recommend if that you also have wanikani use wanikani for kanji. That is from tofugu themself. When we talk about the sentences they always have used kanji and vocab not yet teached or not in wanikani at all. They added some easier sentences later. You can learn the way you want but do not complain over a resource which is not aimed to be a one stop shop.

1 Like

If you read books or watch shows. every single word Wanikani teaches will come up, often!
all words that are taught in Wanikni are valuble to those that actualy consume Japanese content.

Nope

OK

OK

The only one talking about a one stopshop is you. and yes I know what a one stop shop is. my point is I never said it was a one stop shop.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions as always! I’ll have a look at them during this week’s updates.

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post with the last of this year’s additions! Starting this Thursday, we’ll be adding another six items per week, for a total of six more weeks. As usual, I’ll post on the thread once each batch is published. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Yay, one of my suggestions :durtle_noice: We’ll learn the additional reading of 献, こん, and not just けん.

5 Likes

Ooh I actually encountered 頁 recently for the first time actually.

4 Likes

@TofuguJenny 弾む only accepts “to bounce”, but the example sentence for 弾む is:

彼との会話がこんなに弾むなんて、思ってもみなかったわ。
I never expected such a lively conversation between the two of us.

Please add “to be lively” as a synonym for 弾む or change the example sentence to reflect the meaning “to bounce”.

1 Like

IANAL (I am not a linguist) but I’m continually fascinated by the similarities between languages that couldn’t be farther apart:

5 Likes

The next batch has been published. :sparkles:

Kanji

• Level 10: - page

Vocabulary

• Level 10: (ページ) - page
  • Level 15: 由来 (ゆらい) - origin
  • Level 21: 無くす (なくす) - to get rid of something
  • Level 44: 北斗七星 (ほくとしちせい) - the Big Dipper
  • Level 44: 一斗缶 (いっとかん) - eighteen liter container
19 Likes

Hi
For some reason, the new card 頁 won’t accept ページ as a reading during the quiz.

3 Likes

Oh that’s strange, it works for me. :thinking:

Is it possible that you entered a hiragana ぺ? A mixture won’t work…

2 Likes

Hi Jenny, the second example sentence is using なくす instead of 無くす.

1 Like

I’m saving the same issue.

I can even copy and paste the answer from the suggested reading and it still does not accept it. I think there might be an invisible character in there somewhere. I’m 60 levels in, and have never had this issue before.

1 Like

I have that issue in Tsurukame. It works in the browser, though.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s fixed now.