Thank you! Fixed!

2 Likes

悪女さん、さようなら! :cry:

4 Likes

Fortunately, Mrs. Chou is still here!

2 Likes

There is an error in the English text of the last example sentence for ~分:
その一年生はベッドの下に四十五分もかくれている。
That first year student has hiding been under the bed for forty-five minutes.

2 Likes

Fixed! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TofuguJenny Is there a particular reason for the movement of 又? It seems like a large jump considering it’s moving nearly 50 levels up but the radical is remaining at level 2.

1 Like

It’s a rare (kanji) word, but a common radical

2 Likes

I see, so does the word generally get written out in hiragana if it’s being used?

ye, exactly jisho has a note on these kinds of words:

3 Likes

Yes, i’ve personally never seen 又 used instead of また (though i don’t have the biggest reading experience).

1 Like

Thank you! This sort of info is great for new learners

I have, but it was for a character with a more formal style of speaking.

2 Likes

They could replace it with 悪役令嬢(あくやくれいじょう) because it happens to be a more common word in some manga (and one of my favourite genres)

2 Likes

See the thing is that WK markets itself as going from the simplest looking kanji to the hardest ones… and it does, for like ten-twenty levels but after at the latest lvl 20 it completely 180s to the Japanese school system method of just teaching common things first. It’s annoying because you get the same issues of learning for example 優 before 憂 (just a recent case I had)

5 Likes

Yeah, that might be nice to change around. To WK’s defense, they don’t use “grief” for the mnemonic for 優, but the subradicals. But when i learned 憂, i created a new mnemonic for 優 for myself with “leader grief” (the grief for a leader is superior/nationwide). I do that a lot with bigger radicals that WK breaks down (sometimes because of learning order). Still, it was nice to have two mnemonics.
And WK is already trying to improve by switching things around from time to time, so maybe this will be changed too.
The stool radical (又) is used in other early level kanji, i think it’s ok to learn 又 as また later.

1 Like

I still believe teaching 又 would be a bit counterproductive, especially if you’re a beginner who doesn’t know, that writing some words with kana is actually preferred. It definitely is very simple, but very useful. Instead they can focus on more useful kanji at level 2

1 Like

Hi @Terrion! We originally put 又 in a low level because of its visual simplicity, but over the years we noticed that beginners tend to use 又 in simple expressions like またね, which are always written in kana. To avoid the confusion, we decided to make an exception for 又 and move it up to a much higher level! This won’t happen often, it just makes sense in this particular case :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think there’s a mistake of the level this vocab appears on - it says level 5

1 Like

Thanks for catching that! We’ve corrected the level.

1 Like