Wanikani Confessions

Ohhhh I remember when you did that. I forgot about that.

1 Like

What was the point to make?

Use the 368 guide if it hasnt been suggested already

1 Like

That being level 60 didn’t make my opinion more important.

10 Likes

What is this? The first I’ve heard of it.

2 Likes

Joke’s on me for buying lifetime the old fashioned way. :rofl:

7 Likes

That’s true, but that’s not what “to Leebo” means.
At least, it used to mean to correctly reply to a question faster than anyone else.
Originated back in the days when seeing “Leebo is replying” meant you could just cancel your own reply.
Usually used as

Edit: Leebo’d

when, upon posting, you realize someone had just said the same thing a second ago.

16 Likes

with better wording, examples and so to the point you think to yourself, well I didn’t know that I didn’t know that much

10 Likes

I’m not leveling on purpose (partly cuz too busy) so that I can get 42 days on level 42. Almost there too, I think!

Edit: holy heck I just checked and it actually at 42 days 20 hours so it’s time to get cracking on some lessons :cold_sweat:

10 Likes

Not to be confused with being ninja’d, which is a broader concept of someone quickly replying before you. I would like to reserve leebo’ing for either first posts in a thread asking about something, or serious JP questions in general, but by now most people seem to use it instead of ninja’ing.

7 Likes

I got it.

used to.

You do agree that language evolves right?

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone using leebo to refer to someone resetting

3 Likes

I think I have seen “to do a Leebo”, though.
I will consult with the forum oracle.

Edit: welp

7 Likes

I want to “do an hgbearawesome”

6 Likes

I haven’t either.

That’s what you plan to do next time around, right? :thinking:

4 Likes

Ah, I know of those but didn’t think to include them at the time. I guess that makes me a bad dictionary :wink:

Edit: Also, since I’ve seen some people discussing it, I made those up entirely on the spot. The reference Naph made to quick replies on post is the only time I’ve seen someone use Leebo as a verb or otherwise.

2 Likes

hgbearawesome sounds way too awesome for me. I don’t think I would make any progress at all

1 Like

I use anki mode at work religiously now that I’m in the fast levels.

the real confession;
I also use company resources (internet & my time) to do my reviews.

11 Likes