Wanikani Battle. The Game

This is an app proposal.

Summary : flash card game between 2 or more players.
Description: players (hereafter called Kanji Slayers or KS) have to guess the maximum number of readings/meanings from an x number of flash cards. The first KS is presented with a flash card displaying a kanji/radical/vocab he is supposed to have come across in Wanikani. He has 10 seconds to input the requested info. He gains x number of points if he does that but he loses x number of points if the input is incorrect. Once all the flashcards have been used the WK battle is over. The KS with more points wins half of the points of the loser’s score. And the loser loses half of his points.
After winning x number of points, a KS would level up. Ideally, there would be a KS database and some rankings. Using the database, a KS could challenge another KS to a WK battle. 
Any suggestions?

I think this is a great idea ! That would be really nice if someone has the skill to make this game app !

Yay! One supporter! :slight_smile:

This sounds like a very good idea. Implementing lvl’s does sound fun but from what you wrote and what i can think of there’s not much it would be able to do. If you simply get some additional points on your total score (outside of a WK battle) after a battle for the leaderboard then  the lvl’s serves no purpose.
I guess you could have it for some sort of cosmetic purpose (unlocking new typefont/text colours which the oponent can see perhaps).

Juichiro said... This is an app proposal.

Summary : flash card game between 2 or more players.
Description: players (hereafter called Kanji Slayers or KS) have to guess the maximum number of readings/meanings from an x number of flash cards. The first KS is presented with a flash card displaying a kanji/radical/vocab he is supposed to have come across in Wanikani. He has 10 seconds to input the requested info. He gains x number of points if he does that but he loses x number of points if the input is incorrect. Once all the flashcards have been used the WK battle is over. The KS with more points wins half of the points of the loser's score. And the loser loses half of his points.
After winning x number of points, a KS would level up. Ideally, there would be a KS database and some rankings. Using the database, a KS could challenge another KS to a WK battle. 
Any suggestions?

Its perf

Really interesting idea.
Is the time taken going to be the tie-breaker or will it accept draws?

Poliwhirl said... Really interesting idea.
 Sudden Death mode.
misacki said... This sounds like a very good idea. Implementing lvl's does sound fun but from what you wrote and what i can think of there's not much it would be able to do. If you simply get some additional points on your total score (outside of a WK battle) after a battle for the leaderboard then  the lvl's serves no purpose.
I guess you could have it for some sort of cosmetic purpose (unlocking new typefont/text colours which the oponent can see perhaps).
The levels will be a measure of people's performance. Those with higher knowledge of kanji will be high-leveled while those with less knowledge will be low-levelled. But still, the fact that when you lose you lose half of your points make it easier for newbies with good kanji knowledge to rise up. Good to know that the total amount of points in the game will never change. Points will be transfered always from loser to winner and none will be "created". Kinda like energy (you can't destroy it or create it).

Poliwhirl said... Really interesting idea.
 Time is used to avoid dragging down the dynamics of the game. By giving you a time limit, I make you think faster.