WaniConjugation - Practice conjugating verbs - RFC

Great job! Looks awesome even for a first version.
Thanks for sharing

Update 12/2/15

- finally added 
見える!
- added an adjectives page, containing 580 -i and -na adjectives
- you can now conjugate/translate those ajectives
- words aren’t repeated until you’ve seen all words matching your terms (thanks for the suggestion embe)

I’m sorry to say I still haven’t dealt with the special suru verbs… procrastinating D:

riccyjay, I don’t think I’ll be implementing that feature any time soon but I’ll add it to my ‘to do’

As always, please let me know if you run into problems. With this large an update I’d be surprised if something isn’t broken (automated testing, what’s that?)

Comments on the adjective conjugations would be especially appreciated.

nadagio said... Update 12/2/15

- finally added 
見える!
- words aren't repeated until you've seen all words matching your terms (thanks for the suggestion embe)

I'm sorry to say I still haven't dealt with the special suru verbs... procrastinating D:

riccyjay, I don't think I'll be implementing that feature any time soon but I'll add it to my 'to do'

As always, please let me know if you run into problems. With this large an update I'd be surprised if something isn't broken (automated testing, what's that?)

Comments on the adjective conjugations would be especially appreciated.
You da man. 
nadagio said... Update 12/2/15

Wow, just wow. In some countries you might be arrested for being so amazing!

I do have a suggestion for the adjectives though.

How about adding these forms:

〜んです/だ (because it’s 〜)
〜の (the 〜 one)
〜り(sometimes 〜)
〜なかったり (sometimes not 〜)

I haven’t had time to play with it yet, but this is seriously amazing. What a feat! Thank you so much for doing this.

Will give it a try once I’m at a higher level, thanks for your amazing work!

1 Like

Just wondering, is the site down for you guys too?

nope it’s fine for me. Is it still down for you?

This is just a small thing but shouldn’t it be „活用" instead of “共役" in the name. The first is for words, the second is for chemical reactions and that sort of stuff, isn’t it? Apart from that: the whole site is really great! :slight_smile:

newyorkaru said... Just wondering, is the site down for you guys too?
 And no, it isn't down for me.
espiacent said...
newyorkaru said... Just wondering, is the site down for you guys too?
 no, it isn't down for me.
 Oh I have no idea why it isn't working.

OOoooOOoo, nice. Some threads deserve to be necro’d!

newyorkaru said…
Just wondering, is the site down for you guys too?

I see it. But it doesn’t seem to work in Safari on my iPad, had to switch to my PC. 

This is awesome!! Best conjugation help I’ve seen so far! 

Thanks for your effort in providing the community with a tool to further improve their Japanese language skills.

I was wondering why you used a no-derivatives license? If you put the source code on GitHub with a more free license (MIT/Apache), I’m sure you’ll find enough help to squash the bugs and improve on your existing work.

I’ve only just seen this… by god have I needed it because I SUCK at conjugation, even in English I just kinda throw bits together and pray.

1 Like

Just tried it. It’s an excellent tool!

It’s way more efficient then doing it by hand and checking. 

Thanks for this. 

As a curiosity what is it written in and is it open source?

One quick note — can you get it to skip suru verbs? There are a lot of them and they all conjugate the same way :o)

This site is neat (I tried it on my home computer last night), but my work computer does not seem to like whatever script or language the site is written in. It’s just a garbled mess without functionality. Any workaround for that? (I can’t install things on this computer)

1 Like

Looks good bro. I desparately needed it. Are you still updating it? Have you uploaded it to git ?

1 Like