Wani-kani tabi-tabi : your reviews on your pebble timeline

Hello there everybody!

I’d like to announce my Pebble smartwatch app, wani-kani tabi-tabi!  The app will synchronize your study queue to your Pebble Timeline.

And that’s about it!  Ok, the timeline pins also come with notifications when new reviews are ready.  And the app shows a nice little summary of your study queue.  But that’s it!  Oh, and it will clean up old timeline pins once your reviews are completed.  And that, truly, is everything it does!

Just in case you are wondering, it does not require a Japanese language pack.  It supports all of the rectangular Pebble watches for now.  I will be working on supporting the round watches too.

Please enjoy!
-JR

The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

This looks pretty cool, any plans to port it over to Samsung Gear?

Hmm… nope!  I’m afraid not.  I only have my Pebble watch.  But the project is open source!  If you, or anybody that knows about Gear development, wants to adapt it, that would be awesome!  https://github.com/jrmobley/pebble-wanikani-tabitabi

The app isn’t reporting the right amount of reviews for me. I.E. 296 (30 new) when I have 55 reviews.

Thanks man. Promptly installed it on my pebble time :smiley:

Hi gumbyscout,

The app does have to be launched in order to get new data from WaniKani.  There is a “Check” action on the timeline pin that will do that.  And it can take an uncertain amount of time for the timeline updates to make their way through the system and show up on your watch.

If you are still seeing incorrect results, can you tell me if it is wrong only on the timeline pins, or is it also wrong on in the watch app screen itself?

jrmobley said... Hi gumbyscout,

The app does have to be launched in order to get new data from WaniKani.  There is a "Check" action on the timeline pin that will do that.  And it can take an uncertain amount of time for the timeline updates to make their way through the system and show up on your watch.

If you are still seeing incorrect results, can you tell me if it is wrong only on the timeline pins, or is it also wrong on in the watch app screen itself?

Yesterday, it was totally wrong in both the app and the timeline pins. Today, it's just the pins, but from what you said, that seems to be the cause. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it keeps cropping up. Maybe it had something to do with the various bugs in the 3.9.0 firmware? I'm currently on basalt 3.9.1 and android app 3.9.0. Thanks!