Wallpaper generator

Since I can’t send a PM I have to do it like this. Sorry to revive an old post.
But thank you so much for creating this! This shows me every time how much I am progressing. The image is not near being full but the color changes and the unlocking of new Kanji is very visable like this. It keeps me motivated!

I remember trying to get this to work a long time ago but I’m gonna try again. It’s so cool I want moon runes on my wallpaper!

the windows link appears to be dead :frowning:

I’ve fixed the links.

It would be cool to use this! Any idea if I can run it on my chromebook? will the Linux links work or are chromebooks just too snooty for that sort of thing xD

EDIT: Looks like it’s doable from the developer mode shell, in case anyone comes looking about this in the future.

Hi @akranis, I just created a new post with a PHP port and the ability to regenerate and set the wallpaper right from the desktop. Please check it all and add it to your original post if you approve.

https://community.wanikani.com/t/automatically-generate-new-wallpaper/34275

Thank you for making this in the first place! It is so awesome.

1 Like

This creates a wallpaper for me but everything is grey. I’ve tried re-entering my API several times and setting the exe to windows 7 compatibility. I’m running Windows 10 64-bit.

Hey @MereBear82, try this:
http://wkw.natural20design.com/

3 Likes

I went ahead and used this method. Thanks so much for the link! This is amazing and easy to follow!

1 Like

Did something in the code change? My wallpaper is now just a little bit different… more space between the characters?

1 Like

Javascript rendering code last changed in 2015, C++ code last changed in 2017. Is it possible you’ve installed a new font?

I have updated to Mojave :man_shrugging:

I noticed there are a few characters (such as 朋) that don’t appear on WaniKani but do appear on the background generator.

I’m assuming at some point perhaps these characters had been removed from WK, would it be possible to remove them when I create a background?

1 Like

It’s possible they were never in Wanikani to begin with, this whole program was designed to emulate this poster Kanji Poster - Learn Japanese Kanji Characters which no longer appears to be in production. :slight_smile:

When I first started studying japanese I used this poster to mark my progress as I went along, when I got an account on wanikani, I quickly realized I could automate it using their public api, and wrote this program using the poster as a template.

It’s been on my todo list for a long time to rewrite this program to use the wanikani order as default, but I haven’t had the time or motivation to do so yet, as I took a long break from Wanikani and studying japanese in general.

3 Likes

Oh, I see. I appreciate the reply, I’ve been using the web application for a long time to keep track of my progress to share with friends, going all the way back to April 2017 when I had learnt 100 Kanji.

I hope you get the chance to study again!

Anyway…

It looks like the following Kanji are all non WK (thank you regex).

朋旭亘只頁勺汐硝圭厘宵桂柏梢桐沫荻銑辻詔弐賦幌嬌嫡匕謁褐壱乞韻曽蚕逐羨曰串慌抄吏肢允頒翁裳愁楼笹但倣畝丙匁瓦勿賜袖斤斥儒漕廿謄弘猪渚棺附窪窯繕宛苑怨酉濫爵薪菱亥椿錘栗楠侯勅薫痘彦艶蒲逓嗣繭衷函耗脹蔦塑墾虞寅辰嚇朕箇遵丑卯巳

If anyone wants just WK kanji, just download the GitHub project and replace the contents of order.js with the following:

define({
	data: 
'一二三四五六七八九十口日月田目古吾冒明唱晶品呂昌早世胃旦胆凹凸旧' +
'自白百中千舌升昇丸寸専博占上下卓朝貝貞員見児元頑凡負万句肌旬的首' +
'乙乱直具真工左右有賄貢項刀刃切召昭則副別丁町可頂子孔了女好如母貫' +
'兄克小少大多夕外名石肖砕砂削光太器臭妙省厚奇川州順水氷永泉原願泳' +
'沼沖江汁潮源活消況河泊湖測土吐圧埼垣封涯寺時均火炎煩淡灯畑災灰点' +
'照魚漁里黒墨鯉量埋同洞胴向尚字守完宣安宴寄富貯木林森枠棚杏植枯朴' +
'村相机本札暦案燥未末味妹朱株若草苦寛薄葉模漠墓暮膜苗兆桃眺犬状黙' +
'然狩猫牛特告先洗介界茶合塔王玉宝珠現狂皇呈全栓理主注柱金鉢銅釣針' +
'銘鎮道導迅造迫逃辺巡車連軌輸前各格略客額夏処条落冗軍輝運冠夢坑高' +
'享塾熟亭京涼景鯨舎周週士吉壮荘売学覚栄書津牧攻敗枚故敬言警計獄訂' +
'討訓詰話詠詩語読調談諾諭式試域賊栽載茂成城誠威滅減桟銭浅止歩渉頻' +
'肯企歴武正証政定錠走超赴越是題堤建延誕礎婿衣裁装裏壊哀遠猿初布帆' +
'幅帽幕錦市姉肺帯滞刺制製転芸雨雲曇雷霜冬天橋立泣章競帝童瞳鐘商適' +
'滴敵北背比昆皆混渇喝旨脂毎敏梅海乾腹複欠吹炊歌軟次茨資姿諮賠培剖' +
'音暗識鏡境亡盲妄荒望方妨坊芳肪訪放激脱説鋭増贈東棟凍妊廷染燃賓歳' +
'県栃地池虫蛍蛇虹蝶独風己起妃改記包胞砲泡亀電竜滝豚遂家嫁豪腸場湯' +
'羊美洋詳鮮達差着唯焦礁集准進雑雌準奮奪確午許歓権観羽習翌曜濯困固' +
'国団因姻園回壇店庫庭庁床麻磨心忘忍認忌志誌忠患思恩応意想息憩恵恐' +
'惑感憂寡忙悦恒悼悟怖悔憎慣愉惰慎憾憶慕添必泌手看摩我義議犠抹抱搭' +
'抗批招拓拍打拘捨拐摘挑指持括揮推揚提損拾担拠描操接掲掛研戒械鼻刑' +
'型才財材存在乃携及吸扱丈史更硬又双桑隻護獲奴怒友抜投没設撃殻支技' +
'枝茎怪軽叔督寂淑反坂板返販爪妥乳浮将奨採菜受授愛払広拡鉱弁雄台怠' +
'治始胎窓去法会至室到致互棄育撤充銃硫流唆出山拙岩炭岐峠崩密蜜嵐崎' +
'入込分貧公松訟谷浴容溶欲裕鉛沿賞党堂常掌皮波婆披破被残殉殊殖列裂' +
'烈死葬瞬耳取趣最撮恥職聖敢聴懐慢漫買置罰寧濁環還夫扶渓規替賛潜失' +
'鉄迭臣姫蔵臓賢堅臨覧巨拒力男労募劣功勧努励加賀架脇脅協行律復得従' +
'徒待往征径彼役徳徹徴懲微街衡稿稼程税稚和移秒秋私秩秘称利梨穫穂稲' +
'香季委秀透誘穀菌米粉粘粒粧迷粋糧菊奥数類漆様求球救竹笑笠筋箱筆筒' +
'等算答策簿築人佐住位仲体悠件仕他伏伝仏休仮伯俗信佳依例個健側侍停' +
'値倒偵僧億儀償仙催仁侮使便倍優伐宿傷保褒傑付符府任賃代袋貸化花貨' +
'傾何荷俊傍久囚内柄肉腐座卒傘以似併瓶宮営善年夜液塚幣弊喚換融施旋' +
'遊旅物易尿尼尻泥塀履屋握屈掘堀居据層局遅漏刷尺尽沢訳択昼戸肩房扇' +
'炉戻涙雇顧啓示礼祥祝福祉社視奈尉慰款禁襟宗崇祭察擦由抽油宙届笛軸' +
'甲押岬挿申伸神捜果菓課裸析所祈近折哲逝誓暫漸断質訴昨詐作雪録尋急' +
'穏侵浸寝婦掃当争浄事唐糖康逮伊君群耐需端両満画歯曲曹遭槽斗料科図' +
'用庸備昔錯借惜措散庶遮席度渡奔噴墳憤焼暁半伴畔判券巻圏勝藤片版之' +
'乏芝不否杯矢矯族知智矛柔務霧班帰弓引弔強弱沸費第弟巧号朽誇汚与写' +
'身射謝老考孝教拷者煮著署暑諸賭峡狭挟追師帥官管父交効較校足促距路' +
'露跳躍践踏骨滑髄禍渦過阪阿際障随陪陽陳防院陣隊墜降階陛隣隔隠堕陥' +
'穴空控突究窒窃搾窮探深丘岳兵浜糸織縮繁縦線締維羅練緒続絵統絞給絡' +
'結終級紀紅納紡紛紹経紳約細累索総綿絹繰継緑縁網緊紫縛縄幼後幽幾機' +
'玄畜蓄弦擁滋慈磁系係孫懸却脚卸御服命令零齢冷領鈴勇通踊疑擬凝範犯' +
'厄危腕柳卵留貿印興酒酌酵酷酬酪酢酔配酸猶尊豆頭短豊鼓喜樹皿血盆盟' +
'盗温監鑑猛盛塩銀恨根即節退限眼良朗浪娘食飯飲飢餓飾館養飽既概慨平' +
'呼坪評刈希凶胸離殺純鈍辛辞梓宰壁避新親幸執報叫糾収卑碑陸睦勢熱陵' +
'核刻該劾述術寒醸譲壌嬢毒素麦青精請情晴清静責績積債漬表俵潔契喫害' +
'轄割憲生星姓性牲産隆峰縫拝寿鋳籍春泰奏実奉俸棒謹勤漢嘆難華垂睡乗' +
'剰今含吟念琴陰予序預野兼嫌鎌謙廉西価要腰票漂標遷覆煙南献門問閲閥' +
'間簡開閉閣閑聞潤欄闘倉創非俳排悲罪輩扉候決快偉違緯衛韓干肝刊汗軒' +
'岸幹芋宇余除徐叙途斜塗束頼瀬疎速整剣険検倹重動勲働種衝病痴症疾痢' +
'疲疫痛癖匿匠医匹区枢殴欧抑仰迎登澄発廃僚寮療彫形影杉彩彰顔須膨参' +
'惨修珍診文対紋蚊斉剤済斎粛塁楽薬率渋摂央英映赤赦変跡蛮恋湾黄横把' +
'色絶肥甘紺某謀媒欺棋旗期碁基甚勘堪貴遺遣舞無組粗租祖阻査助宜畳並' +
'普譜湿顕繊霊業撲僕共供異翼洪港暴爆恭選殿井囲耕亜悪円角触解再講購' +
'構溝論倫輪偏遍編冊典氏紙婚低抵底民眠捕浦舗補邸郭郡郊部都郵邦郷響' +
'郎廊盾循派脈衆段鍛后幻司伺詞飼舟舶航般盤搬船艦艇瓜弧孤益暇敷来気' +
'汽飛沈妻衰面革靴覇声呉娯誤蒸承極牙芽邪雅釈番審翻藩毛尾宅託為偽長' +
'張帳髪展喪巣単戦禅弾桜獣脳悩厳鎖挙誉猟鳥鳴鶴烏鳩鶏島暖媛援緩属嘱' +
'偶遇愚隅逆岡鋼綱剛缶陶揺謡就懇免逸晩勉象像馬駒験騎駐駆駅騒駄驚篤' +
'騰虎虜膚虚戯慮劇虐鹿薦慶麗熊能態演辱震振娠唇農濃送関咲鬼醜魂魔魅' +
'塊襲雰錬罷屯且藻隷癒丹潟謎椅翔贅芯酎俺闇枕綺鍋醤丼賂伎斐墟蜂拳遜' +
'狙噌誰呪也頃叱斬鍵巾爽阜庄瞭崖箸淀堰鰐隙貼蟹鬱々湧'
});

4 Likes

Sadly, the domain viralsmods.com expired today so the homepage no longer works. Any thought to keep this going?

Ok, when I discovered this beautiful wallpapers, the urge to code such a tool by myself emerged strongly :stuck_out_tongue:. If anybody is interested in web version, I thing I will be able to host it.

Thank you for inspiration!

repo with my version

1 Like

This is probably the only one live version that works, I think I’ve checked everything else already. Thanks!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

What on earth led you to make 100 wallpapers in a day :joy: nice to see they have a sense of humor about it!

2 Likes