Reading Vol. 12・ふらいんぐうぃっち・Flying Witch (Beginner Book Club) 🧹

always the slacker…diligently working hard, learning Japanese, managing like 8 book clubs at the same time…what’s one more :wink:

I realize I’m not that active with the book clubs but here and there…but seriously thank you for all you continue to do and have done in the past. It is a lot of work and even if people don’t say it most of us appreciate it more than you know.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh I never even saw this comment, thank you so much :frowning: :purple_heart: that really means a lot to me. I am hoping to be fully back on the bandwagon by the time the new year rolls around :blush:

Actually, I guess this is as good a time as any to ask about volume 9?

@windupbird @Nenad @ChristopherFritz @Kumirei @Kappa420 @2OC3aOdKgwSGlxfz @NicoleIsEnough @skymaiden @theghostofdenzo

It looks like people might be a bit behind, so perhaps a break until the new year (or more) or something?

6 Likes

I’m up for volume 9.
As for when, since I’m caught up now, so I’m fine with either way. We still might want to start later for the people that are behind, though.

2 Likes

Yep, same here. I’m good to start but I’m also fine with waiting. No need to rush as we later need to wait for the release of Vol. 10 anyways.

4 Likes

Yup, (unsurprisingly) same for me. I’m definitely going to read volume 9 and don’t mind waiting.

4 Likes

I may not have finished volume 7 yet

2 Likes

I am probably going to be busy all month so it doesn’t matter to me when you guys start, I will be behind either way

3 Likes

Please forgive me. I know I don’t belong here, but I saw the cover to the manga, and I have to ask, does it spell out in Hiragana Fryinguiich? Like, trying to say Flying Witch in English, but in Japanese? :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks like now you do :rofl:

Yes! Isn’t that horrifying? :crazy_face:

I must say, the manga is actually muuuuch nicer than its weird title suggests!

3 Likes

Oh, I’m aware. I saw the anime first, and it is quite a lovely slice of life. I want to read the manga in Japanese in a few years!

3 Likes

You see? Like I said, you do belong here! :blush:

1 Like

I’m only half a chapter behind! But any time would be fine by me for the next volume.

3 Likes

Sorry that I also can’t give a more definitive answer. I am fine with either a break or starting right away with next volume.

2 Likes

I haven’t started vol 8 yet :sweat_smile: But I’m planning to soon. I think a little break between vol 8 and 9 would be nice. But I also can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to catch all the way up in that time, or that I’ll be able to be that participatory after I do catch up, so I feel bad making everyone else wait if they’d rather keep going. I’m basically going to be dying under a pile of work until the end of February (at least), so… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

w00t, finally started volume 8 today…

why wait a few years? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Okay, it looks like a short break at least is definitely in order :slightly_smiling_face: let’s aim for 2nd January, and no pressure on anybody who isn’t able to catch up in that time anyway. We’ll have to wait until the summer for volume 10, I imagine.

6 Likes

Are we still looking to start January 2nd, or do we need to check in again on who’s ready?

Do you plan to handle the thread, @Radish8, or would you like me to? I do other book club posts the same day of the week, so it’s no burden on me for one more.

2 Likes

If you think it would be a good idea!

• I can start on the 2nd
  • I can’t start now, but waiting till February would let me join in
  • I will be behind either way!

0 voters

I’ll get the thread ready to deploy either way. If you’re happy to do the weekly posts I’d be very grateful. It feels more appropriate given that I’m not reading along :slightly_smiling_face:

@Nenad @NicoleIsEnough @Kappa420 @theghostofdenzo @Kumirei @2OC3aOdKgwSGlxfz @windupbird

5 Likes

Alright, I reckon we should just go for it as planned.

All yours, @ChristopherFritz!

(If you could add the onwards link to the volume 8 OP as well that would be fab.)

3 Likes

since I couldn’t find your level 60 thread.
pardon me but I have to spam the thread to congrat you on your level 60, @Radish8 !
You made it.
I still vividly remember when you were just beginning your wk journey~~.
Congratulations :partying_face:

3 Likes