Waiting for quizzes

I don’t want to wait to study is there a way to continue?

1 Like

No. The first few levels are slow, it’s just how the SRS system works (read the FAQ beforehand if you have further questions) but you’ll be speeding up in no time :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

i hope so. seems a bit odd to have to wait, if i have time now.

lol, Don’t worry, you won’t have to wait long for things to speed up. Just make sure to be diligent about doing your reviews now, or in two or three weeks you’ll start to freak out as new items accumulate.

As Wanikani is a commitment that takes over a year, you’ll look back at yourself later and wonder why you cared about the annoying times in the beginning.

However keep this in mind: You’ll eventually learn to envy the people who are just starting out, thinking “Man I wish I didn’t have as much work as them.”

Look forward to it, or dread it, but ultimately use it as motivation.

1 Like

Levels 1 and 2 are actually fast levels too, meaning they only take 4 days or so to complete if you’re quick about it - you’ll achieve those dozens of lessons if you just keep going (and then we’re all screaming for help, wanting to go back to levels 1-2)

2 Likes

I’m actually really happy (well, not about 200 reviews or 36 lessons lol) about how much each lesson has to teach! It’s so exciting to make big amounts of progress almost everyday, so I wouldn’t go back to level 1.

…Unless you payed me.

1 Like

Great to see you’re enjoying making progress :blush: Even though I’m a level 9’er, the ability of being able to read what I already can feels wonderful too. がんばってね!

2 Likes

Yes, don’t worry it speeds up quickly :slightly_smiling_face:

As Dungeoneer64 already said, please make sure to read the guide and it will explain the waiting.

3 Likes

omg Right?? Being able to actually read little bits of text, pick the right reading and meaning by using context, it feels amazing! Dungeoneer64もがんばって。

1 Like

D:::

2 Likes

You think that’s a lot
02%20PM
Y o u t h i n k t h a t ’ s a l o t

3 Likes

Yeah but yours is due to reorder abuse- I mean nothing :woozy_face:

7 Likes

Say that to my face punk >:O

3 Likes

Says it to your face

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

What is odd about it? It’s called a Spaced Repetition System for a reason. The whole point of an SRS is adding a waiting period to space out each repetition.

If you want to grind as fast as possible, an SRS is not the way to go.

Technically not true. While a given item cannot be reviewed immediately, nothing prevents you from learning more items in the mean time.

That being said, the current limitations are there to prevent people from biting off more than they can chew. Those items will come back for review, and when they do, it’s going to hurt (you get 8 to 10 times more reviews than lessons once you reach equilibrium. 50 lessons per day, for instance, means 400 to 500 reviews per day).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.