Wait, there's no letter for level 60?

I love those emails! When I didn’t get one after reaching “31 of 31,” I figured I had to guru all the kanji. When I still didn’t get one, I figured I’d have to finish all my lessons. Still no letter. Does it ever come???

8 Likes

I got one for level 60. Did it maybe land in your spam folder accidentally?

5 Likes

No, no, the letter for completing level 60.
not that I will ever actually finish, I guess.
but, at least remind me to do my reviews??

3 Likes

6 Likes

You definitely get one! :eyes: Check your email!

Edit: scratch that…your later reply makes me realize I have no idea whatsoever what you’re even talking about! :triumph:

3 Likes

Well, you don’t get letters for completing levels, only for starting levels. And there is just no level 61 that you started :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You should put that in spoiler text or details text

6 Likes

I think they used to send an actual physical letter and some WaniKani merch like a water bottle/stickers, but I don’t think they do that anymore. If that’s what you’re taking about. I definitely got an email for level 60, though (dang I really miss those emails!)

1 Like

You get an email for reaching a new level, not for finishing the previous one. Since there is no level after 60, nothing special happens even after guruing all the kanji.
Although it might have been nice to get a “You have completed the game” kind of email.

2 Likes

Done!

The title always makes me wonder, what letter do you want? Perhaps, 金 or 卒?

Just say e-mail already.

5 Likes

The format might be an email, but it definitely felt like a letter. I not eagerly anticipate emails.

Sigh, the letter may have been to stay a new letter, but I always thought I’d them as a small reward for “finishing” a level. Anyway, there may not be a level 61, but I am in the “reviews only” phase, and goshdarnit, I want a letter.

FYI,
Should I be offended or honored that they latest POLL page seems to be a riff on this thread? I’m not good and knowing when I’m being made fun of, so that’s a serious question.

4 Likes

The concern is definitely understandable (I’ve wondered at times when they do this with topics from new posters what they might think), but the poll thread seems to cycle through mimicking any recent topic they notice with absolute chaotic randomness. Sometimes it’s even just been book club threads. I wouldn’t think anything of it.

4 Likes

You should be offended. The people who change the POLL thread title just want to watch the world burn.

3 Likes

It has no meaning whatsoever, don’t worry

Indeed

4 Likes

'tis the work of the devil indeed.

3 Likes

The 'tis was nice touch.

2 Likes

@wildjinjer さん is right, there should be a letter for completing level 60. Getting all the way through Wanikani is no small endeavor, and getting congratulations from こういち様 would be quite nice.

2 Likes

Koichi has previously stated that to make them proud, you must be level 42 exactly

2 Likes