Vol 4 - シメジシミュレーション - Shimeji Simulation

Chapter 31 - Arkitacture

Here we go!

Participation poll
  • I’m reading along :eyeglasses: :mushroom:
  • I’m planning to start later :bath:

0 voters

1 Like

I wasn’t sure about this chapter at first but then really enjoyed the second half.

I couldn’t find くねうね in the dictionary. Searching for くねうねの意味 directs you to goo entries for くねくね and うねうね - both of which mean “winding” or “twisting and turning”. That sort of meaning seems to fit with the context.

I liked this character in the background, has a kind of Don Quixote vibe but with a unicorn!

Summary

2 Likes

Chapter 32 - Feshion

Participation poll
  • I haven’t reached this chapter yet :coffee:

0 voters

1 Like

This whole arc of manipulating reality with just thought is taking the surrealism of this manga to another level of weird… (not that I’m complaining :sweat_smile:)

One question please

Page 26

Might be because the events of previous volumes are vague to my terrible memory at this point… but why is Shimeji-chan wondering about (them) being human here?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m also enjoying the surrealness! Loved the Feshion. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of Sumida’s キワドイdress

Page 26

I thought this was partly because they look very alien in their outfits, and partly that Shimeji recognises that she (herself) is different to most people. She’s come quite a long way for a hikikomori!

1 Like

Chapter 33 - Kokoa

Participation poll

0 voters

I enjoyed the library in the last week’s chapter. Interested to see where this goes next…

Chapter 34 - Nathing

Participation poll

0 voters

2 Likes
Page 26

I don’t think she’s wondering about them being humans here, it’s more like “I guess that’s what it is to be human”

I think the あれ refers to the stuff she’s describing in the narration (how they mess around with the clothes in the club, and then ended up influencing the entire town)

2 Likes

Chapter 35 - Faer

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

A horror chapter really suited this art style! Really enjoyed the art in this chapter.

モディリアーニの絵

Any ideas on the middle characters - ローマ**の大盾?

1 Like

Not very confident myself, by I believe that’s ローマ兵の大盾

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes perfect sense :+1:

1 Like

Chapter 36 - Algirothm

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

Chapter 37 - Cotcus

Participation poll

0 voters

I love the opening picture each chapter and trying to guess where the story might go next…

There was a bit of an Alice in Wonderland vibe to this week’s chapter, and some really great moments of wackiness. I enjoyed the entity that could transfer their consciousness from cactus to cactus and the two in a bed giant pancakes!

But my favourite moment this week was this image on the first page. I think it’s the excitement in Majime’s eyes at what is happening!

Summary

2 Likes

Chapter 38 - Exvacation

Participation poll

0 voters

1 Like

Oh no! Poor guy! After he served them so well!

2 Likes

It looks like the ホタルイカ is a real thing - an arrow shaped glowing squid. Although according to Wikipedia the real life version is only 7cm long:

1 Like

Chapter 39 - Fostavel

Participation poll

0 voters

Two to go!

1 Like

There seems to be a lot of nonsense on page 105. Like Majime I’m left wondering 結局ヌモミって何…?I’m assuming numomi is not a commonly understood concept in real Japan. The people in this world seem to understand it but that doesn’t include Majime.

Always nice to have a cameo appearance from Yuu and Chii-chan! I liked the Shimeji and Majime donuts.

An interesting ending to the chapter. I wonder if they’ll tie this up before the end of the volume?

2 Likes