ドラゴンボールSD (Dragon Ball SD) Home Thread 🐉

Sounds like a good plan!

Good to have you reading along! Don’t feel shy about asking questions on the chapters we’ve already read from volume 1.

1 Like

I’d suggest joining us, even if that means reading the english version to catch up. I am finding the accountability and having people to discuss the chapters with a great resource. It keeps me on track and makes me realize grammar/vocabulary that I wouldn’t have by myself.

Btw, if you judged your abilities of Japanese based on Haikyuu (from the beginner’s book club). I actually found Haikyuuu a bit more intense and sometimes more difficult than the Intermediate book club I am a part of (Convenience Store woman). So maybe that will make you feel better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. The colloquial speech and teeny tiny furigana make Haikyuu a lot harder to get through for me than Convenience Store Woman.

1 Like

I am glad to hear that it wasn’t only me that found Haikyuu a bit more challenging :slightly_smiling_face: I was flicking through Nichijou and saw that was simpler and was thinking of trying the Beginner’s Book Club in April for that.

As for Dragonball, I definitely agree that joining you for Vol 2 would be for the best, my introduction was to give myself that accountability to make sure that I keep up with my reading. I am glad to hear it is working out for you so far!

2 Likes

Let’s gooooooo!!

1 Like

I think I assumed this series was complete at volume 6. Look what was just published in February…

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 19.17.23

3 Likes
When to start volume 3?
  • 10 April (immediately after chapter 18)
  • 17 April (one rest week)
  • 24 April (two rest weeks)
  • A bit later, I’ll explain in a comment

0 voters

What pace shall we stick to?
  • One chapter a week
  • Slower, I’ll explain in a comment
  • Faster, I’ll explain in a comment

0 voters

I am happy to start asap cause I will be buying the eBook, but if there are people who will be waiting for shipping I am more than happy to wait a few weeks.

1 Like

I’m sticking with the physical book but bought volumes 2 and 3 together so I’m ready to go whenever. Planning to put my order in for the next volumes this week.

1 Like

I’m a couple of chapters overdue, but I’ll manage to catch up. Let’s keep it up :muscle:

2 Likes

I don’t mind having an extra week of rest to get you back on board :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have all books up until volume 6, so happy to continue immediately after finishing volume 2.

I have been a bit behind but finally things a re a bit more normal.

2 Likes

No worries, I’ll be ready for the next volume no problem.

2 Likes

Here we go :partying_face:

2 Likes

As we’re nearly done with volume 3…

When to start volume 4?
  • 19 June (immediately after chapter 28)
  • 26 June (one week for the bonus pages)
  • 3 July (one rest week)
  • A bit later, I’ll explain in a comment

0 voters

1 Like

If asked to express a preference I’d pick moving on to the next chapter straight away. But very happy to take a week off if others want.

Same. I’ll gladly wait a week or two if that’s the difference between someone being able to join or having to let the club go.

I don’t know if @mchinellato and @Shisckatchegg have this thread on watching. Let’s ping them to make sure they’ve spotted your poll above about starting book 4. :+1:

2 Likes

Same as you guys, I have no problem continuing as usual, but if anyone needs stopping, I’m fine with that too.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m on vacation so I’m a week behind. But we I vote for us to continue at our pace! I have the book with me on vacation and can catch up quickly :grinning:

2 Likes