Visual Guide on How To Install A Userscript

This is nice. You make nice things. 

2 Likes

You are a hero :slight_smile:

Cassykins said... This is nice. You make nice things. 
 ^^ Friendship +1

IWannaBeLikeYou said... You are a hero :)
 I was planning to make this eventually, but your post made me push it to the top of my TODO list. Glad you like it!
Mempo said...
Cassykins said... This is nice. You make nice things. 
 ^^ Friendship +1

IWannaBeLikeYou said... You are a hero :)

Yes! We need upvotes here. You deserve all the upvotes. (I might be biased)

Thank you so much for this! I never understood how people used userscripts, and some of them look so cool and useful. Now I can be like all the other cool kids here at Wanikani! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mempo,

I discovered that you can make a clickable Table of Contents for a post by using html anchors.

#Table of Contents
1. [Firefox Users](#section_firefox)
2. [Chrome Users](#section_chrome)
3. [General Troubleshooting](#section_trouble)
-----
<h3 id="section_firefox">Firefox Users</h3>
blah blah

-----
<h3 id="section_chrome">Chrome Users</h3>
blah blah

-----
<h3 id="section_trouble">General Troubleshooting</h3>
blah blah
3 Likes
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!

thanks! Updated OP.

Hi,

I am a complete newbie and this might be a stupid question. But is there any way to run user scripts on an iPad? Or an iOS app that’s equivalent to a reorder script?

Thanks

Pinned topic!

Who’s with me?

1 Like

as far as I know there isn’t a good way to run scripts in mobile browsers. These things are in development, but for either didn’t work or not reliably so.

Maybe one of the iOS apps has a reorder script built in. The Android one has it, so surely it is possible to do. I think it’s called AlliCrab. Copied from script list:

• Mobile AlliCrab by cplaverty: features in-app reviews and lessons using an embedded web browser, ignore button, review timeline, notifications when reviews are available, 1Password support, “today” widget.

• WaniKani for iOS by haawa: iOS app. features in-app reviews and lessons, lightning mode, ignore button, notifications when reviews are available, in-app browser, and lots more features

Userscript can be installed in Android (using Firefox + USI), but most of the userscipt aren’t working properly. So, better use an app.

Thank you

I found WaniKani for IOS app, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I am just getting a picture of an endlessly spinning dog :slight_smile: Well, back to doing wanikani without shortcuts.

I can’t help you with those apps. Any questions should be posted on their threads.

AlliCrab: [iOS] Mobile AlliCrab for WaniKani

WaniKani for iOS: New iOS app

You will also find further info and instructions on how to install there. I haven’t followed the iOS apps too closely but I’m fairly sure at least one of those two was still working a few months ago (think it was allicrab, could be both). Give those threads a look. Don’t give up!

I’m new be here and i wanted to try out the script.
I had access to this guide from “The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps”.

I’m on Firefox and the scripts didn’t worked for me as long as i used Greasemonkey.
But it did work with Tampermonkey.

Maybe there is an update to do on this guide for the sake of the firefox users.

@Touakak,
There was a significant change in Firefox in November that required some changes in functionality in GreaseMonkey, which broke a lot of scripts. There hasn’t been a big effort to make scripts compatible with GM again since they all still work in TamperMonkey and ViolentMonkey, so a lot of people have simply switched to TM or VM.

@Mempo, would you be interested in converting the thread to a wiki so the community can maintain it in the long term? (or PMing Kristen if you don’t have access to grant wiki status?)

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive

You can edit all you want now

1 Like

Thank you !
Then I’d like to edit the firefox guide and update it for TamperMonkey.
How can i edit this post ?
Do I need to be a granted or something ?

I think anyone can edit a wiki. Just go to the top post, click on the edit/pencil icon in the upper-right, then click Edit Wiki.

I don’t have it. Maybe because i havn’t paid yet. In that case, i’ll do that in than a week I guess.
I do have a pencil icon on the upper-right that shows me the history, but no Edit Wiki.
Also, I can see the pen to edit my own messages, not for the top post.

I don’t think it has anything to do with what you pay for WK. Maybe you need a certain “trust level” on the forums, and you simply haven’t posted enough to get it…